Thread: Cracks on Chanel classic lambskin the inner pocket

Default Cracks on Chanel classic lambskin the inner pocket

moving from http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...is-metal-stain

Just to refresh your memory -> keep my bags really dry because of mold problem. So

1- First, take care of the leather dryness Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3

2- Second, KillMold-3.6 treatment

3- Third, repairing Now this is where I'm confused; It is better to be using Impregnator-26 > Adhesor-73 so I don't have to purchase Bond-3D > Bond-7A?

4- Fourth, consider a color refinishing. Which this kit covers http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/

Can I confirm this covers the steps for this Chanel bag?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

>>> 1- First, take care of the leather dryness Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3

Third is to take care of leather dryness. First the surface must be free of soiling and when refinishing is in mind then Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Rinse-3.0 system is first recommended.

>>>KillMold-3.6 treatment

The “wet-processes” should be in this sequence:
    Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Rinse-3.0 >>> KillMold-3.6 >>> Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 and allow to slow dry with a little stretching to dry for extra suppleness.

The “dry-process” starts with removing wick up soiling with LeatherEraser-4. And when repair and refinishing is in line, then aged and deteriorated finishes is fine sand away with Sand2000.

>>> 3- Third, repairing Now this is where I'm confused; It is better to be using Impregnator-26 > Adhesor-73 so I don't have to purchase Bond-3D > Bond-7A?

Please read each of the individual products description, usage and instruction as each serve a different purposes.

>>> 4- Fourth, consider a color refinishing. Which this kit covers http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/ Can I confirm this covers the steps for this Chanel bag?

Yes, just add-on products mentioned to this Kit-A7.cl to complete a Dye Refinishing project that includes the necessary mold controls and repairs.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Hi Roger,

I've received my order #1816. 1) Can you confirm that the amounts in the spray bottles are correct? They are most empty and Clean-3.8 is totally empty! They are nicely cling wrapped and there's no signs of liquid spillage in the carton box. I've attached pictures for your reference.

Since these are 250ml bottles, am I supposed to 2) combine respective liquid in the bottles with distilled water to make a total of 250ml or just fill up the bottles to max capacity as seen in the pictures?

Referring to your chart I'm supposed to strip the finish (Stripper-2.3) only after repair works are done. However according to the "Tips" on your Aniline-76 page, stripping is the first step even before the degreasing stage. 3) What would the correct process for this bag?

Name:  DSCN8763.JPG
Views: 1002
Size:  1.08 MBName:  DSCN8766.JPG
Views: 966
Size:  1.20 MBName:  DSCN8765.JPG
Views: 938
Size:  1.13 MBName:  DSCN8764.JPG
Views: 953
Size:  1.17 MBName:  DSCN8759.JPG
Views: 963
Size:  1.10 MB

Thanks and Regards

>>> 1) Can you confirm that the amounts in the spray bottles are correct?

The black print on white shows the concentrate ratio thus they are different in amount by weight.

>>> They are most empty and Clean-3.8 is totally empty!

Remove the cling wrapping and weight them in grams, especially for the Clean-3.8. Give me the reading and I will know if the weight is correct.(you may also give readings of all the "fill" bottles in grams to confirm correctness.

>>> Since these are 250ml bottles, am I supposed to 2) combine respective liquid in the bottles with distilled water to make a total of 250ml or just fill up the bottles to max capacity as seen in the pictures?

Yes, follow the black print instruction and only used distilled water to first cut or mix them thoroughly before filling them up 1” below the top of bottle.

>>> Referring to your chart I'm supposed to strip the finish (Stripper-2.3) only after repair works are done. However according to the "Tips" on your Aniline-76 page, stripping is the first step even before the degreasing stage. 3) What would the correct process for this bag?

This bag already shows evident of cracks, avoid using Stripper-2.3 unless the leather is first rejuvenated with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system, it will further dries up the cracks. When Stripper-2.3 is used the fat and oil content has to again be replenished to avoid further cracking. Stripper-2.3 is for removing unwanted surface finishes and is not suppose to penetrate the leather unnecessary to further dries up the leather of its fat and oil content.

Hi Roger,

>>>Remove the cling wrapping and weight them in grams

The 'fill' bottles weights are as follows:

Clean 3.8 = 34gm
    Rinse 3.0 = 39gm
    Acidifier 2.0 = 44gm
    Hydrator 3.3 = 44gm
    Fatliquor 5.0 = 77gm
    Protector B = 47gm

>>>...filling them up 1” below the top of bottle

Can you tell me what the weights should be after filling with distilled water? Especially for Fatliquor 5.0; since the bottle is dented, filling up to the 1 inch below cap mark might be less that the required ratio. Thanks.

Name:  Clean 3.8.JPG
Views: 922
Size:  1.00 MBName:  Rinse 3.0.JPG
Views: 901
Size:  1.03 MBName:  Acidifier 2.0.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  4.16 MBName:  Hydrator 3.3.JPG
Views: 932
Size:  1,017.3 KBName:  Fatliquor 5.0.JPG
Views: 929
Size:  1,009.7 KBName:  Protector B.JPG
Views: 888
Size:  919.2 KBName:  Fatliquor 5.0 p2.JPG
Views: 888
Size:  1.09 MB

>>> The 'fill' bottles weights are as follows:

The concentrate ratio for all the bottles are correct except for Clean-3.8, and we will be sending you the correct concentrates.

>>> Can you tell me what the weights should be after filling with distilled water?

Fatliquor-5.5 = 250gm (compose of ionic charged fat and oil with specific gravity less then 1).

The rest of mentioned products are waterbased thus = 272gm.

Hi, taking our previous discussion here

" Dear Jas,
    MicroTop-54S is a ratio mix of 1: 3,
    So in a 60oz/ml bottle it is 60 divide by 4 parts, thus add 45gm of distilled water to the 15gm of concentrate.
    "

So can I confirm I mix 15g Duller-63 and 45g water, then I add 180g of MicroTop-54G to get Micro Top-54S. How about a matte finish? A ratio of 1:1 or just pure Duller-63?

Regards
    Jas

My recommendation is:

1 - Test out MicroTop-54G on a piece of scrap of the same color as what you are doing - to see the level of luster.

2 - Add Duller-63 with an increment of 10% ratio by weight to the MicroTop-54G - to test the level of luster.

Note:
    By the way, I always use AnilineTop-76G which is a gloss for all my Chanel works.
    Seldom I used AnilineTop-76S which is satin

I will never used Duller-63 direct.

Since you already are using MicroTop-54G - you should try it first and do not mess it up with Duller-63.

If you do not like it you will need Stripper-2.3 and start it over again.

Just try a hidden corner and scrutinize it if this is the “custom” luster that you want to achieve.

Online Consultation:

If you are still not clear by words, you may use online consultation which is US$99 an hour to see that you get it right the first time.

Thread Information