Thread: RH Italian Berkshire leather scratches

Post RH Italian Berkshire leather scratches

Hi Roger -
    I have the same issue as many of these folks, but I have the Restoration Hardware Italian Berkshire leather in Coco which does not have as heavy of a wax coating as the Italian Brompton. All the dog scratches are superficial, but have taken the color out of the leather. Which treatment/products do you recommend in this instance? Thank you for your help!

Name:  IMG_1197.JPG
Views: 3132
Size:  74.5 KB

>>> I have the Restoration Hardware Italian Berkshire leather in Coco which does not have as heavy of a wax coating as the Italian Brompton.

Not sure what you mean, do you have some picture to compare the wax coating?

>>> I have the same issue as many of these folks. All the dog scratches are superficial, but have taken the color out of the leather. Which treatment/products do you recommend in this instance?

This is the recommended sequence of process:

Step-1 - Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Rinse-3.0 system.

Step-2 - Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

Step-3 - EffectWax-2.8 system

Step-4 - AnilineTop-76G

Step-5 - Protector-D or D+

Purpose of the above steps:

Step-1 is to remove surface soiling, grease and oil that will ensure that Step-3 application is with good adhesion.

Step-2 is to rejuvenate the leather structure for suppleness. As shown from pictures, it looks like the leather is overstretched and a thorough soak through the reverse suede sides will help to relax the leather structure from over stretching. Over-stretching and when the structure becomes too loose could be tightened from the reverse suede side with Impregnator-26 (This is my observation and is an option to do so).

Step-3 is similarly absorbed into the leather structure to rejuvenate the pull-up effect and the wax contents crystallize on the surface when dry to be activated with a hot hair dryer or blower to activate the natural waxy sheen.

Step-4 is the topcoat that applies on top of the sheen wax surface to give an extra gloss (back to the original).

Step-5 is the rub-resistant protection that protects the gloss coating from friction rubs and is also available in the classic leather scent.

Product systems mentioned are found in this Leather Doctor Kit-Aw6.tc with instructions:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-aw6...finishing-kit/

Let me know of other questions.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 2535
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information