Thread: which products do I need to remove these black marks from Chanel caviar skin bag

Default which products do I need to remove these black marks from Chanel caviar skin bag

Hi Roger,

I tried to clean this Chanel caviar skin bag with the 'restorative cleaning' protocol of the A3 kit, starting with Prep 4.4, however these stains did not come off at all (please see pictures). I'm guessing it is some kind of color transfer from maybe clothes or other material. Could you tell me which products I need to get in addition to the products of the A3 kit to be able to remove these blackish marks?

Thank you!
    Charlotte

Name:  IMG_2085.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  601.7 KBName:  IMG_2084.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  922.2 KBName:  IMG_2083.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  889.4 KBName:  IMG_2082.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  919.3 KBName:  IMG_2081.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  848.4 KBName:  IMG_2080.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  987.8 KBName:  IMG_2079.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  972.0 KB
    Last edited by charlink; 02-08-2019 at 11:36 AM.

>>> I'm guessing it is some kind of color transfer from maybe clothes or other material. Could you tell me which products I need to get in addition to the products of the A3 kit to be able to remove these blackish marks?

You would need CleanDye-7.9 and other supportive system to pH-balance and rinse and possibly a topcoat refinishing. Please read the following and if you need further help.

Name:  CleanDye-7.9_60__33006.1549424739.220.290.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  16.6 KB

Products are found in the on-line store link:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/cleandye-7-9-1/

CleanDye-7.9 is a water-based formulation for dye stain removal. Especially effective on new blue jeans dye transfer onto leather and suede surface. This is a pH 7.9 high viscosity dyestuff remover that works by dwell-time allowing its superior penetrating, lubricating and suspending power to do its work thus reduce unnecessary physical rubbing that may do more finishing damages to non-absorbent leathers. Absorbent leather and suede is to use a quick dry agitation with lightly saturated cotton bud, pad or cloth to avoid unnecessary product absorption by the leather and suede. As dyestuff is reverse transfer, turn or change to new application and repeat until the stain is satisfactorily removed. The leather pH value of 3 to 5 need to be balanced back from pH 7.9 exposure, especially the absorbent leather and suede and sticky residue removed with Acidifier-2.0 as a holistic leather and suede safe dye stain removal process. Pior damaged topcoat that affects the luster level is rectified according with the appropriate topcoat like MicroTop-54G, AnilineTop-76G, etc. Rub-resistant preventive care with Protector-B, D, W or S is the final application to satisfied the tactile feel and an option with the classical scent of leather.

Absorbent Leather and Suede Instruction:
    1- Transfer CleanDye-7.9 to lightly damp cotton bud, pad or towel.
    2- Lightly agitate the dye stain and observe the cotton bud.
    3- If dye is transfer to the cotton bud, repeat the entire stain area accordingly to satisfaction.
    4- pH balance and rinse sticky residue with Acidifier-2.0.
    5- AnilineTop-76 Gloss or Satin to match as an option
    6- Protector-B or B+ to help reduce friction transfer stains.

Non-Absorbent Leather Instruction:
    1- Place Towel-5 over the stain and apply CleanDye-7.9 free of air bubbles in between.
    2- Allow the suspended stain to be transfer to the paper towel.
    3- Inspect for satisfaction or repeat above 1 and 2 until satisfaction.
    4- pH balance and rinse sticky residue with Acidifier-2.0.
    5- MicroTop-54 Gloss, Satin or Matte to match as an option.
    6- Protector-B or B+ to help reduce friction transfer stains.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Hi Roger,
    thank you for the reply!

I am right to assume that Chanel caviar skin is non-absorbent leather?

Can this product also be used on Chanel Lambskin? Just to know if I could also use it on other bags in the future.. I'm not sure what exactly the difference between lambskin and caviar skin is.

Thank you!
    Charlotte

>>> I am right to assume that Chanel caviar skin is non-absorbent leather?

Right, this is pigmented leather that has a monotone appearance. “Caviar” is the embossing pattern that resembles roe or fish egg. Heat and high pressure set the plate onto the leather and you can see it relax out at the stress areas and the embossing flats out. When finishes develops micro crazing or abraded those areas becomes absorbent and it shows with a darkening effect when wet.

>>> Can this product also be used on Chanel Lambskin?

Yes, it also can be used on absorbent lambskin or suede edges.

>>> Just to know if I could also use it on other bags in the future.

Other bags may include, suede, nubuck, vachetta, metallic, etc.

>>> I'm not sure what exactly the difference between lambskin and caviar skin is.

Lambskin is leather from less then one year old young of sheep.
    Caviar skin is any smooth surface skin that receive a hot plate, high pressure embossing - thus a surface texture design.

Thread Information