Thread: how to revive this very dry Chanel Lambskin bag with light musty odor?

Default how to revive this very dry Chanel Lambskin bag with light musty odor?

Hi Roger,

Could you please guide me through the process of how to revive this very very dry bag? It also has some dirt and scuff marks (see pictures attached)? The outside has a light musty odor and the inside has a stronger musty odor (the bag is lined with fabric inside!).

I've purchased your 'Kit-A3 - Aniline Leather Care Kit' and also the 'KillMold-3.6'.

Can I work in using the 'Kill-mold 3.6' in the whole process to do something about the musty odor?

Also any ideas how to get musty odor out of the fabric lining (I've read here that baking soda is too harsh...)?

Very excited to try out your products.
    Many thanks in advance!!

Charlotte
    Attached Images Attached Images         

>>> Could you please guide me through the process of how to revive this very very dry bag?

When we say that leather is “dry”, it means the fat and oil contents percentage gets lower then the original average of 15% depending on leather tanning type and the intent usage of the leather. The solution is simply replenish the original tannery oil and fat, known as fatliquor with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

>>> It also has some dirt
    A general restoration cleaning is done with Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system. Remaining dirt have to be removed accordingly - example dye-transfer stain may need CleanDye-7.9 etc.

>>> and scuff marks (see pictures attached)?

Some scuff marks disappear after a restorative cleaning, while some will need topcoat and some abrasion into the leather grain will need repairs to smooth out.

>>> The outside has a light musty odor and the inside has a stronger musty odor

After restorative cleaning of all soiling follows a treatment with KillMold-3.6

>>> (the bag is lined with fabric inside!).

Clean the fabric same as the leather (no problem).

>>> Can I work in using the 'Kill-mold 3.6' in the whole process to do something about the musty odor?

When applied and brush in thoroughly - the should not have any issue with musty odor!

>>> Also any ideas how to get musty odor out of the fabric lining (I've read here that baking soda is too harsh...)?

Never use “baking soda” on leather unless you want to cook it. Leather is an amphoteric material and baking soda will turn them to rawhide.

I will look through the pictures and have my comments the next post.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Hi Roger,

thank you so much for the comments! I'm very excited for the products to arrive and to try them out on this bag. I might have some more questions once I start working on the bag so might reach out then again. I also have some other bags I wil try to work on with the products but will post separately for this soon.
    Thanks for the help!
    Charlotte

>>> I might have some more questions once I start working on the bag so might reach out then again.

Waiting for your working progress with pictures.

Thread Information