Thread: Restoration Hardware Couch Help - cat scratches!

Default Restoration Hardware Couch Help - cat scratches!

Hello,

Was wondering what products I would need to help my couch out here. Just wanted to double check with you to see exactly what I would need. Please see the attached pictures.

Thanks

Brandon Schimmel

These are all from cat scratches!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  1.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Questions! View Post
    Hello,

Was wondering what products I would need to help my couch out here. Just wanted to double check with you to see exactly what I would need. Please see the attached pictures.

Thanks

Brandon Schimmel

These are all from cat scratches!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  1.29 MB
    So, this was my question. I ordered per Rogers recommendation (via email) Kit-Aw6.tc - Aniline Wax Pull-up Leather Topcoat Refinishing Kit. What is the proper order and procedure to restore? Thanks!

Brandon

>>> Thanks
    So, this was my question. I ordered per Rogers recommendation (via email) Kit-Aw6.tc - Aniline Wax Pull-up Leather Topcoat Refinishing Kit. What is the proper order and procedure to restore? Thanks!

Repairs
    From pictures, it appears that there are not much of surface puncture damages. However, inspect by going through the surface if you can catch any stick out fiber or flap. These stick out or perturbed fibers are ease back with a dental tool and the flap ease out to lap back easily. Since you have the Kit-Aw6.tc
    Name:  Kit-Aw6.tc.JPG
Views: 679
Size:  1.89 MB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-aw6...finishing-kit/
    the concentrate AnilineTop-76G may be used as a bonding repair. Any missing fibers could be replaced with some donor suede from the reverse side to help fill up damages to a smooth surface. These tips take care of the damages for a smooth surface. If the AnilineTop-76G does not help, then Bond-3D
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/bond-3d/
    will need to repair accordingly. You may also observed that these leather have original scar marks often of a darker color, as these are also been repair or natural healing marks. Bond-3D repairs will also appears alike in color intensity. When the repair is done then the light scratch marks are perform as describe below.

Degreasing:
    Degreasing is a process that removes surface greasy and oily soiling so that topcoating adhesion is long lasting.
    This process is perform with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Rinse-3.0 system. While still damps process with the hydrating process.

Hydrating:
    Hydrating is a process to saturate the thickness of the leather, through the suede side. This Hydrator-3.3 process purpose is to redistribute the leather constituents like the dyestuff, primary fatliquor conditioner and the secondary wax effect conditioner to improve the appearance surface light manipulating also helps to improve the lightening effect. While still damps process with the fatliquoring process.

Fatliquoring:
    Fatliquoring is a process to replenish diminishing original fatliquor (ionic charged fat and oil). Fatliquor-5.0 is applied in several coating until the last coating saturation is apparent. The lighter marks should be improve at this stage.

Wax Effect Replenishing:
    EffectWax-8.6 is applied in similar fashion as Fatliquor-5.0 all in one deep coating for a full saturation. As it dries a cloudy wax crystalline appears. A hot hair dryer will activate and transform into a natural waxy sheen.

Indent Rectification:
    Any recess or indent may be improve with heat treatment, using a travelling iron and wetting on wool is press over between a white print papers. Note: you do it at your own risk as over heating will shrink the leather.

Non-Stick Rub-Resistant Protector:
    Protector-D/D+ is applied and when dry it is ready for use.

Further questions are welcome.

Online-Life-Coaching is also available on-time so that you may do it right the first time, email me to book a session if you are interested.

Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 12-18-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Thread Information