Thread: Bally bag help please!

Default Bally bag help please!

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum. I just purchased a cream/beige coloured second hand lambskin Bally Bag. I think it is from the 1980’s. To cut a long story short, I think I may have ruined the colour on the bag by trying to clean it. I committed the cardinal sin of attempting to clean it with bicarb soda and vinegar.... so now the colour is gone on one side and the bag has gone dark with an even dirtier look... 😭
    What I am wondering is whether I can still salvage the bag. Ideally, I would like to colour the bag in the same original cream/ivory beige colour. If this isn’t possible, should I just deglaze the bag and colour it a darker colour instead? What brand dyes should I use? The leather is a beautiful soft lamb skin and all of the stitching on the bag is still completely intact. I would be grateful for any advice! I will try and attach some pics of the bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

>>> I committed the cardinal sin of attempting to clean it with bicarb soda and vinegar.... so now the colour is gone on one side and the bag has gone dark with an even dirtier look... ��

Picture #1 shows the darkening effect caused by the “bicarb soda”.
    To lighten it or pH balance it back to the leather pH neutral of 3-5, Vachetta-1.2 > Acidifier-2.0 to the entire bag helps to even out appearance.

>>> What I am wondering is whether I can still salvage the bag.

First recommendation is to salvage the bag first with Vachetta-1.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system, then rejuvenate it with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system to supple up the leather from stiffness that will lead to cracking.

>>> Ideally, I would like to colour the bag in the same original cream/ivory beige colour.

Very lightly, this is vachetta, that is the color derives from the vegetable and plant material during the tanning process and no extra dyestuffs were used.

>>> If this isn’t possible, should I just deglaze the bag and colour it a darker colour instead? What brand dyes should I use?
    Nothing to deglaze or stripping the existing color off, the color is inherent.

>>> I will try and attach some pics of the bag.

Show more pictures and put a reference and description to it, so we know what we are looking at.

Besides help from this forum, you may want extra online-life-coaching for a fee.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information