Thread: Hydrating and Fat Liquor through the Patina

Default Hydrating and Fat Liquor through the Patina

I am having issues with product absorption on handbags with an uneven patina. The picture below shows a bag that easily reacted to the Vachetta 1.2 on the sides and had no effect on the patina section on the bottom. The "patina" section I am referring to is the section that has the nice shiny coat to it. It seems like the products do not penetrate the shine to get into the leather? Does the "patina" or shine need to be removed first? Is it working as a protective barrier? I tried using the Hydrator and the Fatliquor after the Vachetta 1.2 and neither of those were readily absorbed either. I am now left with a bag that I tried treating that looks weird. I just finished the entire wet process, preceded by using the vachetta 1.2 first. I have not yet moved on to a next process as I want to see what you recommend to this issue first. Additionally, if I do have a case like this where some of the leather has the shiny coat and other places do not, is there a product to add the waxy shine to the parts without to make it match? I thought the Protector W might be the right product to use to give this look, but I am not sure. Thank you for your help. Gwen

Name:  IMG_8650.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  2.14 MBName:  IMG_8651.JPG
Views: 729
Size:  1.91 MBName:  IMG_8652.JPG
Views: 718
Size:  2.22 MB

>>> Does the "patina" or shine need to be removed first?

Step1- This unknown is removed with Stripper-2.3 with the help of StripperBrush-2 and LeatherEraser-4.

Step2- Browning discoloration is clean and pH balance with VachettaPro-1.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system.

Step3- Leather rejuvenating system with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 ends the “wet process”.

Step4- Sun tanning or patina is even out with Vachetta-2.8 when the leather is completely dry.

Step5- A light Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 may follows after step 4 to further even out appearance as necessary.

Step6- Protector-D recommended.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coaching
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Default Product to give the wax/shine effect

Quote Originally Posted by Lillybear View Post
    I am having issues with product absorption on handbags with an uneven patina. The picture below shows a bag that easily reacted to the Vachetta 1.2 on the sides and had no effect on the patina section on the bottom. The "patina" section I am referring to is the section that has the nice shiny coat to it. It seems like the products do not penetrate the shine to get into the leather? Does the "patina" or shine need to be removed first? Is it working as a protective barrier? I tried using the Hydrator and the Fatliquor after the Vachetta 1.2 and neither of those were readily absorbed either. I am now left with a bag that I tried treating that looks weird. I just finished the entire wet process, preceded by using the vachetta 1.2 first. I have not yet moved on to a next process as I want to see what you recommend to this issue first. Additionally, if I do have a case like this where some of the leather has the shiny coat and other places do not, is there a product to add the waxy shine to the parts without to make it match? I thought the Protector W might be the right product to use to give this look, but I am not sure. Thank you for your help. Gwen

Name:  IMG_8650.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  2.14 MBName:  IMG_8651.JPG
Views: 729
Size:  1.91 MBName:  IMG_8652.JPG
Views: 718
Size:  2.22 MB
    Roger,

Is there any product that will artificially create the wax like effect on the Vachetta?

Thanks, Gwen

>>> Is there any product that will artificially create the wax like effect on the Vachetta?

Point to me what does this "wax like effect" look like?

Thread Information