Thread: Prada English Leather Luggage Bowler Bag

Default Prada English Leather Luggage Bowler Bag

I'm not sure if the leather on this bag is unfinished and similar to that of the Vachetta leather on the LV bags in the way I should approach restoring it. The biggest issue is the pen marks on the top of the bag. There is also cracking to the leather from what is obviously dehydrated leather as opposed to over use. Can you tell me what products to use to address the pen mark removal and whether I should use the Hydrator - Fat Liquor - Hydrator system on this bag, or if it is not unfinished leather and I would be better off approaching restoring it with different products.

Thank you,

Gwen Name:  B5A72FCE-F3AE-45FC-8141-5C3188902DD0.jpeg
Views: 791
Size:  2.22 MB

>>> Can you tell me what products to use to address the pen mark removal

Two products may be used Prep-4.4 and CleanDye-7.9. First used Prep-4.4 and it is applied to the stain and feather out the edges of the panel not to create a ring mark. Safer to extend lightly over the entire bag. The product has to apply sufficiently to allow penetration and absorbed with a cotton swab. As the ink has penetrated, it has to be suspended and moves to the surface. Thus repetition with patience is exercised. As what you do is beyond my control, you have to exercise caution, as color lightening is affected to a degree. Sticky residue is the clean and rinse with Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0. Other option is to use CleanDye-7.0 > Clean-3.8 > Acidifier-2.0 system.

>>> and whether I should use the Hydrator - Fat Liquor - Hydrator system on this bag,

To prevent over dryness of the leather Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system continues while the leather is still damp from the above Rinse-3.0 or Acidifier-2.0

>>> or if it is not unfinished leather and I would be better off approaching restoring it with different products.

This is Vachetta leather similar to the Louis Vuitton, Prada might finish it with AnilineTop-21 as an option.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coaching
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information