Thread: CHANel bag pocket turned dry and matte!

Default CHANel bag pocket turned dry and matte!

Hello, I would like to have the back pocket of my black chanel lambskin bag restored. I put on some oil with wax on it to buff off some scratches. This turned out to be a big mistake since it turned matte and lost all of its shine. I then tried to restore the bag by putting on leather conditioner, oil and tried redying it because I thought it would help. The dye turned out to be a bluish black which didn't match the rest of the bag, so I tried to get the dye out by scrubbing the bag with a toothbrush and some mild face cleanser, a lot of color came out and I was afraid that I might have rubbed some of its original color out since it started to turn kind of light. I stopped and let it dry, and then tried to put on a different kind of black leather conditioner, which didn't help either. I am now left with a shiny chanel bag, that has a matte back pocket and I don't know what to do. Can you help me by giving my instruction.

Please list all the products you used with descriptions and gather them in one picture.
    We need to know if these miss-matched products will affect the final outcome of the finishes restoration.
    Remember that this Chanel lamb bag has a "transparent" aniline finishes and refinishing it back to its original, the residual mismatch products may show through.

- Buffing Oil with Wax
    - Leather Conditioner and Oil
    - Dyestuff
    - Mild Face Cleanser
    - Different Kind of Black Leather Conditioner.

Also show pictures of the failed attempt

See this link for posting pictures . . .

http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...30-How-to-Post

Thread Information