Thread: Chanel Boy calfskin has folding marks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Haha i am now really confused about the options that i have.
    I looked into the maroon color and i dont like it. It's too brown.

I might like the burgundy of Antique-27.

But with so many options, i really want to make an informed choice, whats the difference between Aniline-76 and Antique-27?

I see that Antique 27 would require the use of Impregnator - 73. Why?
    would the color intensity increase with additional coating like Aniline 76?
    Can Antique - 27 be applied without an airbrush?

If I dyed the bag Black. Which is available in both Antique 27 and Aniline 76 which dyestuff would you recommend?

Im sorry for having so many questions

>>> What’s the difference between Aniline-76 and Antique-27?

Aniline-76 is “transparent” dyestuff.
    Antique-27 is “translucent” hybrid coloring.

>>> I see that Antique 27 would require the use of Impregnator - 73. Why?

This bag will not need the use of Impregnator-26. It is for strengthening and tightening leather structure weakness.
    You may need Adhesor-73 instead if you are using Antique-27 as the base color.

>>> would the color intensity increase with additional coating like Aniline 76?

Yes! About 50% as compared to Aniline-76.

>>> Can Antique - 27 be applied without an airbrush?

Airbrushing produces better result then brushing (brushing will need very fine varnishing brushes to avoid streaks and uneven coating). Dark coloring becomes less noticeable, light and medium range coloring can show difference quite clearly.

>>> If I dyed the bag Black. Which is available in both Antique 27 and Aniline 76 which dyestuff would you recommend?

Aniline-76 has a deeper beauty of depth thus enhances the crust beauty as well.
    However, if the crust is not as beautiful or even in color, Antique-27 has better coverage or hiding properties due to about 50% is “opaque” pigment.

Tips:
    If you are adventurous and like a shade of Burgundy, you may use Antique-27 (Burgundy) as a base color to even out the difference. Then follows with Aniline-76 (Black) to saturate it to your liking. And if you do not like it - strip it off before you apply the topcoat.

About the airbrush.
    What should I look for in an airbrush?
    This will also be my first time using an airbrush. Does it matter weather it is an internal or external mix?

I saw another post mentioning I’d need a psi of 80-100. That means i would need an air compressor for nails and heavier duty work right?

Can airbrushes but used with any air compressor ? or the airbrush has a maximal PSI that it can handle?

Is it normal that my hydrater has this floating inside?
    Name:  70722970-49B9-4519-ACE4-F84CDD730186.jpeg
Views: 2084
Size:  3.41 MB
    Last edited by Elle; 02-16-2018 at 08:16 PM.

>>> About the airbrush. What should I look for in an airbrush? This will also be my first time using an airbrush. Does it matter weather it is an internal or external mix?

Among all the small airbrushes I prefer to used the Paasche double action airbrush as you may see a picture here:
    http://www.artistcraftsman.com/media...rbrush-set.jpg
    A bit of practice using water on paper boxes will soon gain you confident.

>>> I saw another post mentioning I’d need a psi of 80-100. That means i would need an air compressor for nails and heavier duty work right?

Get a small tank, or the smallest available with a pressure range up to 120psi (the higher the air pressure the finer the spray will be).

>>> Can airbrushes but used with any air compressor ? or the airbrush has a maximal PSI that it can handle?

I used the paasche double action using a big compressor or a small compressor equally well, there should be a guage to denotes its working pressure.

>>> Is it normal that my hydrater has this floating inside?

Yes, quite normal, if you wish to filter out use a coffee paper filter.

Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coaching
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

I am ready for my next step!
    After muchhh thoughts about the color, I’d like to go with the antique 27 since I couldn’t strip off the old paint completely I feel like a 50% opaque color would be a better choice.

So I would need the adhesor and the antique 27. Which size should I get? And is there anything else I’d be needing? I’ll be applying the color with an airbrush.

>>> So I would need the adhesor and the antique 27

In this system Adhesor-73 > Antique-27 > AnilineTop-76G > Protector-B/B+.

Which size should I get?
    In 250ml.

>>> And is there anything else I’d be needing?

You need to list out your products and tools find if you lack something.

>>> I’ll be applying the color with an airbrush.

What airbrush are you using and have you done some practice?

I bought a Paasche VLseries kit. Haven't practice with it yet. Still learning about which needle and tips to use.. the kit came with couple of options ... But will definitely pratice before i paint the bag.

I bought some masking tape to tape the hardware of the handbag.
    Is there anyway to remove the paint if some ends up on the hardware?

How should i proceed while painting with the airbrush?
    Should i airbrush one panel at a time and tape off all the other side? Not sure if i should put tape on the leather...
    Or it doesn't really matter?

Also, any tips and tricks to airbrush the contour? Since it is raised a lot higher than the middle which is a flatter surface. Not sure if the airbrush can get the colors into the lines.

Thread Information