Thread: Mold/mildew growth

Default Mold/mildew growth

Hey Roger,
    Recently I used Hydrator 3.3 on some cracked semi-pigment leather. I spread a lint free paper towel and cover it with cling wrap. I came back after 3 days and black mold was growing under the plastic. I am not comfortable with this. How do I prevent the mold growth when wrapping using cling wrap to control moisture loss? I have 2 older leather car seats with cracking that I need to hydrate and fat liquor.
    Regards,
    Frank

Tips:

1- Surface soiling may include dormant mold pores and when not removed may flourish under ideal condition (dampness, sunlight, temperature, food source, etc.).

2- Daily (24hrs) inspection of leather under dwell recommended both to top-up moisture level and inspect progress.

3- To prevent mold growth KillMold-3.6 is used in conjunction with Hydrator-3.3.

4- Older leather car seats need a corrective or restorative cleaning prior to rejuvenating with the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Hey Roger,
    I couldn't view the area every day because it was at a customers house? Could I add KillMold3.6 to the Hydrator3.3 when I apply it?
    Frank

Apply after the hydrating process prior to covering it up to control evaporation.

Thread Information