Thread: King Ranch Leather Interior - it is hard, start to crack and fading too!

Default King Ranch Leather Interior - it is hard, start to crack and fading too!

Hello,

I am looking for something to get my King Ranch interior looking good again. I like the rugged look but there are some areas where it is hard and starting to crack (driver seat and center console) and fading too. Would you please recommend one of your kits to fix this if it is repairable? I'm looking for something to do myself and I am not very experienced with Leather. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Name:  IMG_7893.JPG
Views: 995
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7894.JPG
Views: 761
Size:  80.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7895.JPG
Views: 605
Size:  80.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7896.JPG
Views: 559
Size:  89.4 KB

>>>some areas where it is hard and starting to crack (driver seat and center console)

These are the areas where the sweat has denatured the leather and the fatliquor (fat and oil) breaks bond leaving it hard, stiff and cracks.
    Hardness and stiffness is rectified with the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system. Hydrator-3.3 relax the stiffness through the thickness of the leather and separating the fibers so that Fatliquor-5.0 can access and ionic bond it. With sufficient fat and oil hydrogen-bonded to the fibers the leather will regain its suppleness again and will never crack in such conditioned.
    Cracks are just like broken string, it will still be visible after rejuvenating it with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system. To improve the cracks without affecting the color appearance fine 2000grit sanding with KingTop-86G/S is used. To even off the difference in color KingMicro-84 is used to hide off unwanted appearance, however Vachetta-2.8 is first used to reduce the color difference is the priority, otherwise the opaque coloring may kills the natural appearance.

>>> and fading too.

Fading is related to the dyestuff used that has been overexposed to UV lights. Fading may be revive with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system. KingAniline-86 matching color refresh the color, however all dyestuff will still be subject to fading again. Fading is also related to the dryness of the leather where the fatliquor (ionic fat and oil) within magnifies the color intensity.

Start with Leather Doctor Kit-K7.tc and colors may be added accordingly.
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-k7-...finishing-kit/

Decide how far you wish to go and we can discuss further . . .

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 07-17-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Thread Information