Thread: Application instruction

Default Application instruction

Hello, I just purchased the V7 kit after finding less than sound reasoning about cleaning my LV with a magic eraser. I've printed up the Problem Solving table 4.0 you've provided as well.
    My question is, HOW do I apply these products? I have a piece of LV vachetta from a bucket bag that was sold for canvas and I tried the products in order and saw NO difference, so i'm assuming I did not apply them correctly. I have a small pochette with just a vachetta tab, but the tab is so dark it almost matches the color of the canvas.
    Any help is appreciated, if its already someplace in the forum I apologize but I did search and was unable to find it. Name:  lv.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  23.8 KBName:  lv2.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  21.3 KB

>>> HOW do I apply these products?

Which product you have applied?

>>> and saw NO difference,

Is picture showing after dry?
    Have you work over with leather Eraser-4 of wick-up soiling particulates?
    Please explain the step you have taken exactly so I will know what follow-up steps is missing.

>>> the tab is so dark it almost matches the color of the canvas. i'm assuming I did not apply them correctly.

To lighten the appearance, Vachetta-2.8 is used as the last step. It works be redox (reduction-oxidation) reaction and will see the lightening effect when completely dry. However existing darkening soiling has to be degreased with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 follow by leather rejuvenating system with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 before you treat to lightening with Vachetta-2.8. All after drying has to be work with leather Eraser-4 of wick-up soiling particulates.

Ask again if you are not too sure.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thank you for your response.

I followed #7. I used the degreaser 2.2, then the acidifier 2.0, these photos are after those two, now that it's dry i'm about to apply the hydrator 3.3, the fatliquor and then the protector D.

I did used the eraser4, but again, I was unsure. Am I scrubbing with it, gently massaging, a happy medium? I didn't see anything on the eraser after I was done, should I have seen some debris?

So i'll apply the hydrator now, allow that to dry and then do the rejuvenation, then the vachetta -2.8?

The lightening of the leather is the last process with Vachetta-2.8.

You may repeat all over if you are not satisfied with the pre-cleaning and rejuvenating - keep working until you are sure all the soiling is off not only from the surface but also those that penetrated.

Show some pictures, so I know where you are stuck!

>>> I did used the eraser4, but again, I was unsure. Am I scrubbing with it, gently massaging, a happy medium? I didn't see anything on the eraser after I was done, should I have seen some debris?

Just like the way you would use an eraser on paper over pencil. Abrasion to the leather is reduce to the minimum, only have a better traction.

After degreasing or stain removal or leather rejuvenating and dry thereafter. Stretching or working over the surface with a smooth tip of a spoon will also open the pores to appear lighten physically. Chemically treatment for tanning color treatment is by Vachetta-2.8.

Tips:
    Any drying cycle may appear darker as soiling resurface.
    Alkaline overexposure will darkens as well and Acidifier-2.0 lightens up.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information