Thread: Chanel Brown Lambskin Wallet

Default Chanel Brown Lambskin Wallet

Roger, Can you help me with this wallet? I want to try to restore it myself. I will purchase any kit you recommend. I am sending pictures of it. Is it too late for the wallet or is it possible to restore it?

Thanks Deborah Jensen
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Observation from pictures:
    1- This bag has been recolored, and to restore it, the finishes has to be stripped with Stripper-2.3.
    2- The obvious cracking need some repairing and prior to, the leather structure has to be rejuvenated with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system.
    3- From the interior, it looks lambskin and Napa-84 system will produce a warm soft feel then Micro-54 system.

So the scope of work will involve:
    1- Stripping with Stripper-2.3.
    2- Acidifying Rinsing with Acidifier-2.0.
    4- Leather rejuvenating with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3.
    5- Repairs with Impregnator-26 > Adhesor-73 > Bond-3D > Bond-7A.
    6- Color Refinishing (color matching to the original color preferred to retain identity) with Napa-84 > NapaTop-84.
    7- Protection with Protector-B/B+

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Do you have a particular kit, or do I just buy them individually. And can you help me with step by step instructions?

Thanks

>>> Do you have a particular kit, or do I just buy them individually.
    The closest kit is this Kit-A7.cl Aniline Leather Dye Refinishing Kit. And you may have to pick up individual bottles to add on to it.

Example:
    1st process of stripping existing finishes will need more of the Stripper-2.3. And a Quart size will see you through depending how you used it.
    5th process of repairs will need to be added as mentioned above.
    6th process of color refinishing is an option if you want it as dark as the outside, then Aniline-76 should be able to camouflage any repairs darkening effect. If you prefer to retain the original color of the inside then the outside can be match back to the lighter tan color first with Micro-54 system to block out the color then go over with Aniline-76 to simulate back to aniline for better value to the wallet. Micro-54 system is “opaque” just like paint and “what you see is what you get” unlike Aniline-76 system which is a “transparent” system and color intensity build up upon layers, thus produces a sauvage appearance, with the natural beauty and ugliness of repairs shows through. Semi-aniline is first with transparent dyestuff and correct with opaque pigment from the tannery. To correct aniline and return to aniline it has first to be corrected with ‘opaque’ pigment then stimulate with ‘transparent’ dyestuff back to aniline.

>>> And can you help me with step by step instructions?
    The sequence of process is the step-by-step to follow, however understanding of each individual steps is important to dovetail for the final result. So each step contributes to the final desired result and has to be evaluated if we are on course. Let nature takes its course and we just follow especially coming to the refinishing and we have to make adjustment. That is also the reason why there are so many varieties of leathers, and most of them is an stimulation or imitation of the ideal leather in aniline category. Within the aniline category there are still numerous fashion variety. And if understand the reasons, it is easier to work on leather restoration.

Name:  Kit-A7.cl.JPG
Views: 533
Size:  1.42 MB
    Kit-A7.cl
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/

Roger Koh

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> Do you have a particular kit, or do I just buy them individually.
    The closest kit is this Kit-A7.cl Aniline Leather Dye Refinishing Kit. And you may have to pick up individual bottles to add on to it.

Example:
    1st process of stripping existing finishes will need more of the Stripper-2.3. And a Quart size will see you through depending how you used it.
    5th process of repairs will need to be added as mentioned above.
    6th process of color refinishing is an option if you want it as dark as the outside, then Aniline-76 should be able to camouflage any repairs darkening effect. If you prefer to retain the original color of the inside then the outside can be match back to the lighter tan color first with Micro-54 system to block out the color then go over with Aniline-76 to simulate back to aniline for better value to the wallet. Micro-54 system is “opaque” just like paint and “what you see is what you get” unlike Aniline-76 system which is a “transparent” system and color intensity build up upon layers, thus produces a sauvage appearance, with the natural beauty and ugliness of repairs shows through. Semi-aniline is first with transparent dyestuff and correct with opaque pigment from the tannery. To correct aniline and return to aniline it has first to be corrected with ‘opaque’ pigment then stimulate with ‘transparent’ dyestuff back to aniline.

>>> And can you help me with step by step instructions?
    The sequence of process is the step-by-step to follow, however understanding of each individual steps is important to dovetail for the final result. So each step contributes to the final desired result and has to be evaluated if we are on course. Let nature takes its course and we just follow especially coming to the refinishing and we have to make adjustment. That is also the reason why there are so many varieties of leathers, and most of them is an stimulation or imitation of the ideal leather in aniline category. Within the aniline category there are still numerous fashion variety. And if understand the reasons, it is easier to work on leather restoration.

Name:  Kit-A7.cl.JPG
Views: 533
Size:  1.42 MB
    Kit-A7.cl
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/

Roger Koh
    Thanks, Roger