Thread: Need help with some Aniline King Ranch leather.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need help with some Aniline King Ranch leather.

So Ive bought some of your stuff a little big ago, but looking to rethink my process here. This is what I own now:

Hydrator 3.3
    Rinse 3.0
    Clean 3.8
    FatLiquor 5.0
    Protector B+

The leather isnt that bad. Ive used waterbased and oil based conditioners on them over the years.

There is a few areas that are darker from sweat, but overall they are nice. VERY few minor creases and no REAL surface cracking. Nothing that looks like 'dry mud' cracking. The back seats are just feeling a bit dry, no stains or marks etc. Its just on the front seats and the armrests a little bit.

Im thinking that I will need Acidifer 2.0 and Degreaser 2.2 too, right?

If you can lay me out a plan like you did here in this post: http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...0721#post10721

you gave him step 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 . If you could do something like that for me, Id appreciate it. Also a set plan for the areas that are NOT soiled, and just need light cleaning and fatliquoring.

Also I have some Towel-5 and Brush-1. I would guess I would need to do several reverse transfer to get the dirt off. so if you would line that up in steps using each product, please do.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I guess no help is available from Roger...?

Help will come accordingly!

Thanks. I want to place my other order, I'm going to need more supplies

>>> The leather isn’t that bad. I’ve used waterbased and oil based conditioners on them over the years.

Recommend that any surface aftermarket residue especially oil based surface conditioners need to be degreased, otherwise it may interfere with AnilineTop-76G adhesion. Recommended to remove with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

>>> There is a few areas that are darker from sweat, but overall they are nice.

These few darker sweat areas need to inspect for leather denaturing - tackiness or sliminess is a sign and will need Acidifier-2.0 treatment until the same squeakiness as other non-sweat exposed areas.

>>> VERY few minor creases and no REAL surface cracking. Nothing that looks like 'dry mud' cracking.

The weakest part of the leather other then direct alkaline overexposure are the stitching rows. Look for elongated needle holes - a sign of shrinkage and, wet and drying back without sufficient Fatliquor-5.0 (average 15% of fat an oil) may further accelerate the shrinkage and when the elongation meets, the leather can easily rip apart by stress.

>>> The back seats are just feeling a bit dry, no stains or marks etc. It’s just on the front seats and the armrests a little bit.

Treat them accordingly to bring up the best in leather structural pH chemistry integrity and appearance to your satisfaction.

>>> I’m thinking that I will need Acidifer-2.0 and Degreaser-2.2 too, right?

Yes!

>>> Also I have some Towel-5 and Brush-1. I would guess I would need to do several reverse transfer to get the dirt off. So if you would line that up in steps using each product, please do.

You would also need Leather Eraser-4 to work out old conditioners during the degreasing process.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 05-04-2017 at 03:46 PM.

>>> Also a set plan for the areas that are NOT soiled, and just need light cleaning and fatliquoring.

Procedure will be the same for heavy and light cleaning, by adjusting the intensity and concentration - makes the process easier in one go then separate cleaning plan.

>>> If you can lay me out a plan like you did here in this post: http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...0721#post10721 you gave him step 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 . If you could do something like that for me, I’d appreciate it.

Recommended Comprehensive System Sequence:

Eraser-4 > Prep-4.4 > Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Eraser-4 > AnilineTop-76G/S > Protector-B/B+

Let me know if you understand the above product sequence and its purpose before we go further.
    And do some read-up of each of the above-mentioned products from the on-line store and make some clarify before I give you the sequence of step.
    Example Hydrator-3.3
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/hydrator-3-3/

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information