Thread: Revive faded colour on Chanel bag

Default Revive faded colour on Chanel bag

Hi
    I've bought this Chanel bag, and want it to be a black colour again. The bag was originally blue but was dyed Black professionally last year. Now a year after it has become a dull greyish colour. It seems dry and the colour have faded especially some places. Can you help me get it a nice black colour again?
    Thank you for your time

A last question, from which country do you ship the products?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

>>> I've bought this Chanel bag, and want it to be a black colour again. The bag was originally blue but was dyed Black professionally last year. Now a year after it has become a dull greyish colour.

Picture shows mud-cracking finishes and will need to be completely stripped with Stripper-2.3, preparing for a new coating. There is a choice of refinishing system, Micro-54, Napa-84 or Anilnie-76. Micro-54 and Napa-84 are “opaque” micro pigment system and will have more covering power to block out the blue base with less coating then using Aniline-76 which is “transparent”. So, the choice is either Micro-54 or Napa-84. Napa-84 is a finer system and easier to apply that also breaths would be a better choice if there is no adhesion problem. Otherwise we still can fall back on the Micro-54 system.

>>> It seems dry and the colour have faded especially some places.

Dryness is determine by the percentage of fatliquor (fat and oil) content in the leather structure and is measurable with a leather moisture meter or an economical skin moisture analyzer. It should read about 15% when dry, otherwise up the difference by Hydrator-3.3 >Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

>>> Can you help me get it a nice black colour again?

Yes, first the fail coating has to be stripped off (Stripper-2.3 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 >>> Dry Preparation >>> Inspected, then decide if the leather is better matched either with any of the above 3 system. Note that products may be purchased individually to work towards the desired end result.

>>> A last question, from which country do you ship the products?

Product is shipped from Vancouver, Canada.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 04-24-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Thread Information