Thread: Lv handle question & texture lose sheen

Default Lv handle question & texture lose sheen

Hi roger,

Hi Roger,
    What is the process to fix this type of handle problem? It looks uneven cracking but it smooths and some area lose it sheen.
    Also the bottom leather look tan
    Should I used d'tan? Or vachetta2.8? In order to lighten the bag?

Also will aniline top help with the sheen problem?

And if yes how to use it? and which one will produced the similar effect as in vachetta leather sheen? between aniline top21g and aniline top21w?

also other topics.
    1. the the water stain removal tecnique with acidifer 2.0 sometime it didn't seem to remove the water stain at all. am i doing it wrong?
    what would make it more effective?
    i used vachetta pro1.2 spray towel extract> leave 5 mins acidifier 2.0 spray and towel extract and leave it 10-15 mins at this point the water stain usually still are there.
    is it normal?
    2. when i tried to wrap the towel and plastic during the hydrator and fattiliquor it usually come out in uneven color or in some areas and leave an impression on the leather. am i did it the wrong way? ?

Name:  IMG_1626.JPG
Views: 485
Size:  1.40 MB
    Name:  IMG_1624.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  1.46 MB
    Name:  IMG_1633.JPG
Views: 438
Size:  1.57 MB
    Name:  IMG_1631.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  1.54 MB
    Last edited by spoiledmm; 03-10-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Tip:
    Have a space between your picture - and have a number and description for easy reference

>>> What is the process to fix this type of handle problem?
    Need to know the cause of the problem - refer to the guide . . .

>>> It looks uneven cracking but it smooths

Which particular picture are you referring to? What I see is general skin damages that could be detected with fingers.

>>> and some area lose it sheen.

When you see a new piece of Vachetta - it is describe as “biscuit” in color and not “tan” - and matte without a sheen.

>>> Also the bottom leather look tan

Vachetta is just like our skin very fair but when exposed to sunlight or UV light turns tan.

>>> Should I used d'tan? Or vachetta2.8? In order to lighten the bag?

Use Vachetta-2.8 first as it comes in the Vachetta kits - you may try CleanTannin-3.5 later - however, if this tan is derived from build-up conditioners it will not work.

>>> Also will aniline top help with the sheen problem?

Remember that originally there is no finish of any kind - simply known as “naked” or “unfinished”.

>>> And if yes how to use it? and which one will produced the similar effect as in vachetta leather sheen? between aniline top21g and aniline top21w?

The closest option is AnilineTop-21W http://www.leatherdoctor.com/anilinetop-21w-waxy-matte/

>>> the water stain removal technique with Acidifer-2.0 sometime it didn't seem to remove the water stain at all. am i doing it wrong?

Acidifier-2.0 is only a surface rinse and may not penetrated deep enough - what we see is merely the “tip of an iceberg” the bulk of the stain is still below surface that will float up each time a surface rinse takes place.

>>> what would make it more effective?

A deeper rinse that will effect a water movement within the leather structure will require the work of Hydrator-3.3 to float suspended soiling particulates to the surface.

>>> 1. I used VachettaPro-1.2 spray towel extract > leave 5mins, Acidifier-2.0 spray and towel extract and leave it 10-15mins at this point the water stain usually still are there, is it normal?

You miss the Hydrator-3.3 step to float up the suspended stain by the VachettaPro-1.2.

>>> 2. When I tried to wrap the towel and plastic during the Hydrator-3.3 and Fatliquor-5.0 it usually come out in uneven color or in some areas and leave an impression on the leather. am i did it the wrong way?

It is either uneven penetration or uneven distribution. The surface tension of the leather has to be inspected for an even appearance prior to Fatliquor-5.0 - During the Fatliquoring step ensure an equal distribution and not concentrated randomly. Hydrator-3.3 as the 3rd step will help to even out this uneven distribution as well.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information