Hello,
I frequently encounter body oil staining on aniline and full finish leather upholstery. The leather may be damaged but the dyes are not tacky. I have actually replaced the area with a new piece of leather and colored to match with my dyes and topcoat. The new leather often becomes tacky because the owner still has a body oil issue and the dyes become tacky. Also, the new dyes and top coats often make the leather more stiff, less supple, than the original dyes. Either the dyes, the topcoat, or both are not the same as those originally applied to the leather because the original dyes do not become tacky. I have a few questions and appreciate suggestions.
1. Who provides dyes and topcoats that perform as the original products on leather especially when encountering body oils?
2. What is the difference between those products and the ones that become tacky?
3. How are they applied?
4. Can they be applied evenly by hand instead of spraying?
5. Last, how is an oil pull up leather made? Are the dyes different than aniline dyes? What is the oil product that is used and how it it applied?

Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Frank