Thread: Restore dry, scuffed Chanel lambskin

Default Restore dry, scuffed Chanel lambskin

Hi, I would like advice on how to restore my bag and not sure where to start.

The leather is worn throughout and the edges and back of the bag are severely scuffed. What do you recommmend as first step and products to use?
    Picture 1, front
    Name:  IMG_0017.JPG
Views: 3544
Size:  2.13 MB

Picture 2, scuffed, dry back
    Name:  IMG_0018.JPG
Views: 3212
Size:  2.28 MB

Picture 3, worn edges
    Attachment 7290Attachment 7291

Picture 4Attachment 7292
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by justmixx; 11-19-2016 at 09:19 AM.

hi, I just seen your posting and want to tell you first this will come up beautiful! you must use the hydrator, soak it good, wrap in clean clear bag or cling wrap. check often spray more hydrator to make sure its wet, do this several tiimes, after a while, while still wet you must spray alot of fatliqor and also wrap again. leave up to 72 hours. I did this with a vintage Chanel flap 2:55 and I was so shocked at the results. Im sure Roger will also give you all the steps you will need. you can also see my posting in this as well , I actually have a couple postings, you will see the vintage Chanel one that says I want to redye black, but I did not have to redye the handag, as with the hydrator and fatliqor, it came right back to life!! When I first posted my vintage Chanel flap, it was so dryed out, I seriously thought it was Brown, but it came back black by its self with these products , as it needed the hydrator to relax the leather then feed it back its fat with the fatliquor

Here is the holistic sequence of process for Restoration Cleaning, Leather Rejuvenating, Repair and Refinishing with instructional steps from this Chanel Lambskin (A.c) Leather Problem Solving Guide.
    Name:  Aniline (A.c) - Chanel-Lambskin.jpg
Views: 2545
Size:  427.4 KB

A - Restoration Cleaning:
    Restoration cleaning is the first phase to remove both surface and penetrated soiling and this process is accomplished with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

B - Leather Rejuvenating:
    Leather rejuvenating is a continuation of the restoration cleaning while the leather is still wet at about 25% or when using a terry cotton towel wipe shows dry. It’s a process to both relax leather shrinkage back to desired dimension prior and reactivating the dyestuff to resurface. Combination continue replenishing its original fat and oil moisture level up to its optimum about 15% when read with a leather moisture meter or equivalent when dry with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

C - Repair:
    Worn edges are repair with Bond-3D and smooth out to the touch when finished. Appearance of repair is blend in with coloring up the Bond-3D with Aniline-76.

D - Refinishing:
    Refinishing products used are Aniline-76 for the coloring and AnilineTop-76G to seal the dyestuff from bleeding that also determine the luster.

E - Protection:
    Non-stick, rub-resistant protection is with Protector-B, optional with the classic leather scent is Protector-B+.

>>> What do you recommend as first step and products to use?

You will need Bond-3D
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/bond-3d/
    in addition to this
    Name:  DSC_0653.JPG
Views: 2521
Size:  1.42 MB
    Kit-A7.cl : Aniline Leather - Dye Refinishing Kit
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 11-20-2016 at 12:28 PM.

>>> you must use the hydrator, soak it good, wrap in clean clear bag or cling wrap. check often spray more hydrator to make sure its wet, do this several tiimes, after a while, while still wet you must spray alot of fatliqor and also wrap again. leave up to 72 hours.

Tips:
    1 - Put in a plastic bag to line the bag and fill pack up with grain or sand to shape, this idea will help stretch out the shrunk leather to better shape during the Hydrator-3.3 process.
    2 - Leave the Hydrator-3.3 to dwell up to 72hours instead.
    3 - When satisfied with the stretching and color revival result, proceed with Fatliquor-5.0, replenishing continues as it becomes absorbent again.
    4 - When almost dry, stretch or flex until it dries to increase leather suppleness.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Hi@cyberclick thanks for the tip. Did you use the bond-3D, aniline 76 step with your bag to do any repairs on the edges/corners?

hi justmixx, yes I did use the bond-3d, and anline 76 step on corners. did you see my other posting on the vintage Chanel the before and after pictures

hi justmixx, how is your Chanel bag coming along?

Thread Information