Thread: 2005 Ford King Ranch Leather - dark stains, dry and cracking

Default 2005 Ford King Ranch Leather - dark stains, dry and cracking

I have king ranch seats when I purchased the truck the seats were really dry and driver seat has started cracking and there really dry I have treated them and hasn't helped any I'm wanting to fix the cracking and remove the dark/black stains and bring there color back because leather is starting to fill like suede

Name:  20160211_171337.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  2016021195171308.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  44.4 KB

Name:  2016021195171313.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  2016021195171317.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  2016021195171323.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  2016021195171329.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  2016021195171332.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  13.7 KB

>>> and remove the dark/black stains

Restorative Cleaning is the first phase of the cleaning sequence and as most of these stain are below surface. Leather-safe products used has to reach below surface in order to removes them, move to the surface before we can towel extract them. And as more wicks to the surface it has to be continue extracted until the stains below surface is completely removed. Techniques includes saturating the leather structure and reverse transfer using Towel-T5 to trap the soiling as it wicks through to peel off rather than still remaining on the surface. The results will response corresponding to the time and effort deployed. Besides our body oil and grease, the sweat is more damaging as it shifts the pH higher as it ferments and darkens the leather as well. So there is a combination of oil, grease and pH imbalance that result in such appearance. Cleaning solution which has a pH above 7 used had also compound the scorching effect turning the leather appearance from light brown to very dark brown. This restorative cleaning is an salvage attempt and may improve the appearance but may not totally improves the situation. Any remaining darkening effect may be camouflaged either blocking off unwanted remaining stains with a opaque pigment Micro-54 and dyed with a matching transparent dyestuff like Aniline-76.
    Products recommended for degreasing would be Degreaser-2.2 with a pH value of 2.2, besides degreasing it also pH balance the leather to its original pH value of 3 – 5. Acidifier-2.0 with a pH value of 2.0 is used as surface rinse. Below surface soil movement is perform by Hydrator-3.3. Other stain removal products generally accompanied Degreaser-2.2 are Prep-4.4 and CleanPro-1.5 to match type and severity of soiling.

>>> the seats were really dry and driver seat has started cracking and there really dry I have treated them and hasn't helped any

Leather dryness that leads to cracking is the result of diminishing original fatliquor (ionic negative charged fat and oil). As all oils and fats are volatile in nature time alone will dry them up. Fatliquor replenishing will return the leather to its original suppleness, just like the original leather processing where a stiff rawhide is softened up with fatliquor. Before Fatliquor-5.0 can plumps and lubricates or rejuvenates the dry leather for suppleness, the leather fibrous structure again, the shrunk and becoming stick together fiber has to be relaxed and separated with Hydrator.3.3.

>>> I'm wanting to fix the cracking

Cracking may be fixed depending on the opening gap; hairline micro cracking may disappear once the leather is rejuvenated with fatliquor with fullness. Macro cracking are broken fibers from stress and remain broken may be repairs by bonding with Bond-3D. Filling is done with a mix of Bond-3D + Stucco-90 + matching Color.

>>> because leather is starting to fill like suede.

Suede like worn grains is smooth out with Adhesor-73 and may takes on a darker shade and may show color contrast from non-stain or damaged areas.

>>> and bring there color back.

There is two options to the color and is decided both after the suede repairs and the salvage cleaning. A) Use transparent dyestuff Aniline-76 dark enough to camouflage the existing dark color that retains the original finishes only that the color becomes darker to almost dark brown. To retain the original color then a matching opaque pigment is necessary to block off the stain and a lighter transparent color goes over to bring close to the original color that block off both the beauty and blemishes of the grains.

Let me know your desired expectation and we can discuss further.

Thread Information