Thread: How to correct dark lines and shiny spots on UGGS boots!

Unhappy How to correct dark lines and shiny spots on UGGS boots!

last winter season, I had gotten my suede UGGS wet and didn't know not to dry them with heat, so I now have dark water lines and one spot is dark and has shiny spots, not sure if it's from the nap being messed up or if it's irreparable. I tried wetting the spot, which dried and made it darker, and I've used brushes, erasers, and nail files on it and it hasn't helped. thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Yes they can be restored back to original.

The last picture shows some white residue, can you remember if the stain is from salt water?

Roger

it's actually not salt thankfully. I live where it never snows so they don't ice roads. I was trying to show what the shiny spots look like in light where you can tell it's shiny. it's actually darker in person and I was trying to show that's where the soft part has like worn off and that's where I was trying to erase and brush it to "restore the nap" from what I understand.

>>> I was trying to erase and brush it to "restore the nap" from what I understand.

Show pictures of eraser and brush you have used.

The shiny spot are accumulated soiling that will be removed with CleanPro-1.5 > Acidifier-2.0 system.

looking up solutions, I read a normal pink pencil eraser would work, since I don't have the block meant for suede and this is the shoe brush I had which I assumed would help. so it can be fixed by washing? all I've done it put water on the spot to try and make the darkness fade with it, but it just made it darker so I was hesitant to wash it. I read that if you rub it while wet or dry with heat it can be irreparable so I'm wondering if the spots are where I rubbed off the material. clearly I'm out of the loop though, lol
    Attached Images Attached Images    

>>> looking up solutions, I read a normal pink pencil eraser would work, since I don't have the block meant for suede and this is the shoe brush I had which I assumed would help.

To brush, you will need suede Brush-3 and to re-nap or rejuvenate the nap you will need suede Eraser-5.
    Both of these tools work with CleanPro-1.5 > Acidifier-20 system for general soil removal and removing the browning and dark lines.

>>> so it can be fixed by washing?

Not the typical “immersion” washing, rather cleaning by non-immersion or towel extraction with pH control solution. Such as cleaning with pH 1.5 with CleanPro-1.5 and rinsing with pH 2.0 with Acidifier-2.0 to correct the browning and dark rings or lines.

>>> all I've done it put water on the spot to try and make the darkness fade with it, but it just made it darker so I was hesitant to wash it.

Tap water has an average pH of 7, thus higher than the pH value of the suede (pH 3 – 5) that is why it causes the browning or darkens it.

>>> I read that if you rub it while wet or dry with heat it can be irreparable so I'm wondering if the spots are where I rubbed off the material. clearly I'm out of the loop though, lol

Heat will cause shrinkage to the “protein” suede fiber as the fatliquor (fat and oil) vaporize.

Products mentioned can be found in this Kit-U3, Ugg Boots Suede Water Stain Care Kit

Name:  Kit U3 - Ugg boots suede care.JPG
Views: 1619
Size:  1.49 MB

A) Browning Restoration System:
    By CleanPro-1.5 > Acidifier-2.0

B) General Soiling Removal System:
    By Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0

C) Suede Rejuvenating System:
    Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0

D) Non-Stick, Rub-Resistant Protection with a Waxy-Feel
    Protector-W.

E) Wool Side Cleaning System (optional):
    CleanWool-5.5 > RinseWool-4.0.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 11-27-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Here are the examples showing the removal of water stains from Ugg Boots.

#1 – Water Stain that cause browning and darkening rings or lines.
    Name:  DSC_0862.JPG
Views: 1582
Size:  4.31 MB

#2 – Tools used are suede soft wire Brush-3, Eraser-5 and towel.
    Name:  DSC_0863.JPG
Views: 1560
Size:  4.52 MB

#3 – Product system used CleanPro-1.5 > Acidifier-2.0
    Name:  DSC_0866.JPG
Views: 1589
Size:  3.65 MB

#4 – Stains gone when dry.
    Name:  DSC_0894.JPG
Views: 1510
Size:  4.29 MB

Thread Information