Thread: Restoration Hardware leather sofa - advice for cleaning and conditioning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Restoration Hardware leather sofa - advice for cleaning and conditioning

I recently bought a new-to-me RH leather sofa for a really good price. The previous owner had two children and I can tell there is some soiling between the cushions because of darker coloring, probably from the kids dropping food or anything else I can imagine. Otherwise it is in pretty good condition. I want to clean it and keep it well taken care of. It doesn't have any cracking or significant problems at the moment. I have a Leather Medic franchise near me which currently has the sofa to fix the cloth liner that tore from the movers. (It tore where the cloth meets the leather at the bottom on what I think is called the seat deck.) They said they could clean and condition it for $50. Why should I or not use their service? How is it different than the Leather Doctor products?

What would anyone suggest to best care for this sofa in the long term or what it might need for cleaning and care now?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information