Thread: Chanel - Heavy chain marks/indentations

Default Chanel - Heavy chain marks/indentations

Dear Roger:

Hello from Asia!

I am so happy I came across this forum. I hope you can help me with my problem!:-)

I have this lambskin Chanel bag that has heavy chain marks on them. I've been asking our local bag repair shops but no one can't seem to help me:-(

Thanks in advance,
    CasAttachment 5088
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The stress or tension of the leather needs to be relaxed with Hydrator-3.3.
    It may take up to 72 hours to soften and plumps it.
    Thereafter the indentation while still plumps with Hydrator-3.3 is work with a ball tip tool from the edges or sides to pop up the dent (easily done from the reverse if there is an access – doubt so for this article).
    Note that the entire bag needs to be kept hydrated to prevent migrating of dyestuff from wet out to dry areas causing rings or marks.
    Fatliquor-5.0 is recommended to replace the Hydrator-3.3 as water content evaporates to keep the leather plump and full from the remaining fat and oil with softness when dry.

The Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system is found in Kit-A6.tc as overworking may damage the topcoat and need to be refinished.

Thus a holistic approach is done in this sequence of process:

1st – Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0 >Acidifier-2.0 for the entire bag anticipating a restoration of the topcoat.
    2nd – Hydrator-3.3 to relax and work out the dents.
    3rd – Fatliquor-5.0 to replenish the leather of diminished original fatliquor-5.0 with higher the percentage (up to 14%) the softer the leather when dry.
    4th – Hydrator-3.3 to clean up any residual surface Fatliquor-5.0
    Optional depending on appearance minus the dents.
    5th – Dry preparation with 2000grit sanding to even out appearance.
    6th – Top coating with AnilineTop-21G.
    7th – Rub-resistant protection with Protector-B+

If the above is overwhelming you may consider sending to me for a professional service.
    Besides the system approach experience do counts – the more you do the better you become.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor

Product information from:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/leather...finishing-kit/

Name:  Kit A6.tc.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  1.06 MB
    Leather Doctor® Kit A6.tc, aniline leather topcoat refinishing kit is designed for topcoat repairs from friction wear, accidental scratch, scuff and abrasion to deteriorating greasy sweat stains. These topcoat damages are identified as white, dull or darkening stain from bare body contacts. Accidental whitish damages in most cases are free of soiling and direct AnilineTop-21G application with in between dry sanding rectifies most damages. Repairs to topcoat from daily wears that dulls will require a degreasing to remove penetrated rub-in soiling prior to topcoat application in a sequence process including Degreaser-2.2 follows with Rinse-3.0; Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0 prior to topcoat application. In a greasy and sweaty topcoat damaged areas especially to the headrest and armrest, a deep degreasing is essential follows with Acidifier-2.0 to stabilize the hydrogen bonding between the protein fibers with the other leather constituent like the tanning agent, dyestuff and fatliquor. This deep degreasing process is assisted by leather Eraser-4 in both the wet and dry cleaning process to remove soiling particulates off the leather surface. Hydrator-3.3 helps in the colloidal water movement bringing suspended soiling particulates to resurface through a dwelling and wicking process. Fat and oil is replenished by Fatliquor-5.0 in an emulsion form to penetrate into the leather structure. Once the fat and oil is hydrogen bond with the protein fiber, the water content breaks free leaving a breathing space for natural transpiration. The fat plumps the leather with fullness preventing the leather structure from collapsing during compressing and flexing while the oil lubricates the fiber from sliding smoothly over one another like millions of connecting hinges. Protector-B+ impart a non-stick, rub-resistant surface with a buttery feel helps reduce friction wear to the topcoat and extended a high level of appearance for a longer period of time. When the leather is contaminated with foreign soiling, it is essential to look at topcoat refinishing in a holistic approach. Note that the cleaning and rejuvenating products suffix denotes its pH value in this leather-safe aniline leathers topcoat refinishing system.

Thread Information