Thread: Prada - Sticky Leather Problem

Default Prada - Sticky Leather Problem

Hi Roger, I have a bag where it's partly leather and partly nylon. The leather part has somewhere along the years while in storage become sticky and I find it sort of melted. It doesn't even feel like leather anymore. I tried to clean it with acidifier since it was sticky but didn't really do much because I need the surface to smooth before I can do anything with it so I tried to strip it and the stickiness got even worst. What should I do? I figure I'll need to clean it and refinish the white leather parts but don't know where to start. What do you recommend? Thanks for your help as always.

Pic 1
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  1.81 MB

Pic 2
Views: 1137
Size:  1.36 MB

Pic 3
Views: 1062
Size:  1.47 MB

Pic 4
Views: 1169
Size:  2.20 MB

>>> What should I do? I figure I'll need to clean it and refinish the white leather parts but don't know where to start. What do you recommend?

recommend refinishing procedure as follows:

1st – Remove deteriorated finishes by sanding physically using appropriate grade to match purposes thus not breaking down the integrity of the existing finishes further.
    2nd – Repairs to rough raw leather surface is done with Adhesor-73 and sand in-between dry for smooth to the touch
    3rd – Custom color match with Micro-54 and 10% Thickener may improve application for color stability and flow control.
    4th – MicroTop-54 option of Gloss, Satin or Matte to match original luster level.
    5th – Protector-B+ to impart a rub-resistant protection with other feathers like a buttery-feel and a classic leather scent.

The partly nylon is redyed using Nubuck-39 system for a complete renewal of the entire bag.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 05-01-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks Roger. Was I supposed to sand after the adhesor dries completely? I'm using the sand paper provided with the kit and I don't see that the adhesor is sanding down.

Quote Originally Posted by lobonn View Post
    Thanks Roger. Was I supposed to sand after the adhesor dries completely? I'm using the sand paper provided with the kit and I don't see that the adhesor is sanding down.
    2000grit sanding is only possible to sand "smooth" to the touch.

Rough "sanding down" for other reason or purpose may require matching grades of sandpaper to do so.

What are you sanding?

I'm trying to sand down the sticky part of the leather. I guess I need a rougher sand paper.

Hi Roger,
    I have a Fendi and a Gucci bag where the black nylon have become sticky. How do you fix that?

Thanks again!

Please show some good pictures and I will help from there!

Thread Information