Thread: Removing Smoke from leather?

Default Removing Smoke from leather?

Hi,

How can I remove the smell of smoke from leather bags?

This would include Lambskin leather and other calf skin leathers as well.

I can upload a photo if you need, but, since it is more a general question
    and about smells, I just thought I would ask first.

I really enjoy your forum, I read all of the cases, YOU are FABULOUS!!!!

Thank you so much for your help on this, I look forward to buying some
    of your products.
    Last edited by justagurlinseattle; 04-10-2015 at 12:46 PM.

>>> How can I remove the smell of smoke from leather bags?

It is the greasy micron size particulates that lodge on the leather pores that continue releasing the unpleasant smoke odors.
    When these sticky residues are removed the smell comes off as well.

>>> This would include Lambskin leather and other calfskin leathers as well.

When removing the greasy smoke particulates on pH sensitive leathers like most lambskin and calfskins which may not have an impervious topcoat and allowing solution to penetrated in the leather structure a ‘leather-safe’ system will have less of a side effect on dye bleeding and leather becomes stiff thereafter.

Recommended System Procedure:

Prep-4.4 > d’Smoke-4.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0.

Note the suffix number denotes the product pH value.
    They are all within the average leather pH value of 3 to 5.
    Thus design to work in perfect harmony with the leather pH neutral or isoelectric-point or pI without upsetting the pH balance with the leather other common constituents like the tanning agents, dyestuff and fatliquor.
    When the pH value is off balance the side effects may manifest as bleeding, discoloration, tacky and result in stiffness that leads to cracks.

When leather finishes is non-absorbent and liquids pools on its surface a stronger Prep-7.7 (alkaline) is used instead of Prep-4.4 (Acidic).

>>> I can upload a photo if you need, but, since it is more a general question and about smells, I just thought I would ask first.

Pictures will help me help you see better of any possible other side issues if any.

>>> I really enjoy your forum, I read all of the cases, YOU are FABULOUS!!!! Thank you so much for your help on this, I look forward to buying some of your products.

I hope you share this information with people that have leather items as well to keep them beautiful and useful for a long time to come.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant / Practitioner
    [email protected]

Kit-A3.so system is design for smooth aniline leathers and each leather finishes types have theirs as well.

Name:  A3.so.JPG
Views: 346
Size:  2.46 MB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a3-...eodorizer-kit/
    Leather Doctor® Kit-A3.so, aniline leather smoke odor remover kit is designed to eliminate soot and smoke odors. d’Smoke-4.7 is used in conjunction with Prep-4.4 to effectively remove the sticky micron size smoke particles that lodges in the leather pores and stitching seams. It is the scrutinizing and removing of these off gassing sticky particles that will eventually solve the odor problem. The sticky residue is removed with Clean-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0. Hydrator-3.3 helps relax the leather structure, reduce surface tension for fat and oil replenishing. FatliquorLS-5.5 diffuses a classic leather scent besides penetrating and lubricating the leather structure for softness, suppleness and strength when dry. Protector-B+ enhances a non-stick rub-resistant protection with a buttery-feel that shield against sticky soiling with a classic leather scent. Note that the mentioned products suffix numbers denotes its pH value in this holistic approach in decontaminating body odors from aniline leathers

Instruction

Deodorizing with Restorative Cleaning
    1. Apply Prep-4.4, agitate with horsehair Brush-1 and towel extract until it shows clean.
    2. Re-apply Prep-4.4 and spray over with d’Smoke-4.7 for a combine agitation with horsehair Brush-1 and towel extract until it shows clean.
    3. Clean and rinse sticky residue with Clean-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0 and towel extracted until it shows clean.

Hydrating
    1. Spray Hydrator-3.3 saturating to plumps the leather for an even appearance.

Fat and Oil Replenishing
    1. Spray FatliquorLS-5.5 redistributing with a foam brush until the leather is saturated.
    2. Spray again when surface dries until repeat saturation.
    3. Leave the leather to natural drying for extra softness.

Rub-Resistant Protection
    1. Mist sprays Protector-B+, redistribute with a paper towel and ready for use when dry.

Hi Roger, Thank you for your quick reply, I am so sorry, I did not reply to you sooner, I've been a bit
    under the weather..

Thank you for your tips on this.

Do you ship to Sweden?

If so, how much would it cost to ship this set to Sweden?

Thank you.

Yes, we ship to Sweden. . .

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 9.35.27 AM.png
Views: 280
Size:  33.8 KB

Check out cost of kit and shipping from this link below, shipping is by weight and the 'Fill-up' version saves on shipping.
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a3-...eodorizer-kit/

Thread Information