Thread: Chanel – 2005 Pink Bag

Default Chanel – 2005 Pink Bag

I'd like to restore this pink Chanel bag from 2005.
    Can I have the color to match this with?
    Attached are some pictures.
    I'd like to ultimately repair the damage in the back corner where an adhesor would need to be applied and the a touch up I suppose.

Here are my objectives.

1-
    Restore color to strap.
    I see some yellowing or lost of original color.

2-
    Some cracks on the leather like the back corner.

3-
    General cleaning of the leather.
    Leather cleaner has been applied to it and the strap feels a bit sticky/waxy.
    Would like to fix that.

4-
    The zipper material itself is dirty and is no longer pink and would like to clean that as well.
    However I realize it's not leather so not sure if you have any tips on that.

5-
    I also noticed some yellowing/stains on the strap and edges when I took that pictures and probably would not have notice it otherwise and wonder if I can clean/fix that with the products I've purchased.

6-
    Lastly I'd like to Kit-Sa7.cl color to be this pink.
    Is that possible?

Name:  image1.JPG
Views: 433
Size:  2.10 MB

Name:  image2.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  1.84 MB

Name:  image3.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  3.08 MB

Name:  image4.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  2.24 MB

Name:  image5.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  1.92 MB

Name:  image6.JPG
Views: 332
Size:  2.12 MB
    Last edited by Questions!; 03-08-2015 at 11:03 AM.

1-
    >>> Restore color to strap.
    I see some yellowing or lost of original color.

Yellow color is unknown stain and working with Prep-7.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 is the first test accordingly to the Pigmented (P) Leather Problem Solving Guide or unless it is a known stain that we can work directly following the recommended steps.

2-
    >>> Some cracks on the leather like the back corner.

These are finishes damages and repair by Adhesor-73 > Micro-54 > MicroTop-54G > Protector-B+ system.

3-
    >>> General cleaning of the leather.
    Leather cleaner has been applied to it and the strap feels a bit sticky/waxy.
    Would like to fix that.

In a restorative cleaning system Prep-7.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 is practice.
    When any stickiness is felt due to deterioration of the finishes by unknown alkalinity cleaner Acidifier-2.0 is used to pH balance it.
    When tackiness persists the last resort is by MicroTop-54G crosslinked with 10% Crosslinker-25 to tight up the water element from the deteriorating existing finishes. It is understood that this process is only performed with intent of refinishing and after restoration cleaning and dry preparation.

4-
    The zipper material itself is dirty and is no longer pink and would like to clean that as well.
    However I realize it's not leather so not sure if you have any tips on that.

Other component either the zipper fabric material or the stitching thread is corrective or restorative clean using the same system for pigmented leathers – all done at the same time. The threads are recolored together with the leather. The zipper fabric component is color matched with Suede-39 > DyeFix-99 to retain its fabric softness.

5-
    I also noticed some yellowing/stains on the strap and edges when I took that pictures and probably would not have notice it otherwise and wonder if I can clean/fix that with the products I've purchased.

Unless we know exactly what the stain is, otherwise we have to go through a few guesses and exhausted out the various system for different soil type. When re-coloring is the desired intension non-greasy stains are not a problem and will be partially removed with fine sanding and opaque finishes covers or block them off.

6-
    Lastly I'd like to Kit-Sa7.cl color to be this pink.
    Is that possible?

Standard pink is a secondary color mixed from white and red probably 10 to 20% red.
    Pink as a tertiary color may include ochre or maroon for tinting and additional black for shading.
    Matching has to be done against the bag, a sample or color chip.
    Kit-Sa7.cl only comes with one primary color, you would need add-on color to achieve the desired color match from this link: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/micro-54/
    Color Matching Services is available from this link:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/custom-color-matching/

Use this Pigmented (P) Leather Problem Solving Guide as reference for specific stain removal:

Name:  Pigmented (P).jpg
Views: 349
Size:  414.2 KB

Product Information:

Pink is a secondary mix from white and red.
    Tertiary color pink may include ochre and maroon as tint and back for shade.
    When shade is desired do up a gray scale 1, 2 or before mixing with red.

Additional color may be selected from:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/micro-54/

And additional Thickener-48 for flow control into groves and vertical section from:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/thickener-48/

Recommended Kit

Name:  Kit Sa7.cl.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  1.55 MB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/leather...finishing-kit/
    Leather Doctorฎ Kit Sa7.cl, micro-pigmented leather color refinishing kit is design for a holistic restoration approach to not only the finishes but also rejuvenating the leather for suppleness. Most of these repairs may range from missing finishes to abrading damages into the leather structure. Some expose areas may be contaminated with foreign soiling that includes conditioners, protectors, body oil, grease and sweat or alkaline overexposure from cleaners. A comprehensive repair for a long-term lasting solution will require a holistic approach to deal with both the exposed structure and surface finishes. The practical and functional softness and strength of the leather depends on the health of the structure with average thickness between 0.9 to 1.2mm from stiffness and cracking. The aesthetic aspect of the leather finishes averages 0.02mm (or 20 micron) in thickness for practical compressing and flexing from cracking. A leather-safe restoration system begins by stripping with Stripper-2.3 and rinsing with Rinse-3.0. Degreasing with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Acidifier-2.0. The suffix numbers of these four products denotes it pH value for recharging the protein fiber ionic positive besides the act of decontamination. The leather integrity is revitalizes once the ionic attraction between the positive protein fiber and its negative leather constituents like the tanning agent and fatliquor (fat, oil and water) is initiated. Leather rejuvenating system for softness and strength is accomplishes with Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0. Surface uneven absorption is seals with Adhesor-73 to reduce the need for color over-coating thus increase its flexibility and stretchability from premature cracking. Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant surface with a buttery feel, reduces noises that translate into less friction wear. As the leather surface is well lubricated it reduces compression when comes to heavy body contact thus reduces compressed creases and wrinkles.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-09-2015 at 09:15 AM.

I'm content with cleaning up this bag. The color isn't an exact match but really close. Actually it's better than the original color since I think there's yellowing from age. I may do the rest of the bag instead of just the straps and wears. Attached are some pictures.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  1.67 MB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  1.45 MB
Views: 304
Size:  1.59 MB
Views: 311
Size:  1.93 MB
Views: 312
Size:  1.21 MB

Thanks for the feedback.

For the recoloring of the rest of the bag.

You may like to used those facial foundation brushes that will give a better finish other than by airbrushing it.

Let me know how it turns out.

Actually I used these to apply the color since I didn't buy an airbrush applicator. Turned out ok. I will try a foundation brush. Thanks!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  1.07 MB

Let me know how it turn out and show pictures of what you used.

Thread Information