Thread: Glycol stain in shoe

Default Glycol stain in shoe

Help, my wife and i where out in my old truck and the heater core decided to drip on her boot. She just about killed me lol. Anyways is there a way to clean it? She blotted it with a wet paper towel. I have one of your auto kits so i have some stuff here. The boots are A.S. 98 if that matters.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 617
Size:  1.74 MBName:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 446
Size:  1.72 MBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 445
Size:  1.71 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sledhead1; 08-19-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Stains look absorbed!
    The idea is to do some cleaning and try to redistribute the stains for it to resurface hopefully “reverse transfer” through a stretchable paper towel that comes with the kit. Product to do the work out from the leather structure is with Hydrator-3.3.

Tips:
    1: Remove laces.
    2: Clean with Clean-3.8 with help of horsehair Brush-1, extent to the rest of the entire shoe and towel extract until towel shows clean.
    3: Rinse with Rinse-3.0, brush agitates and towel extract.
    4: Apply Hydrator-3.3 to saturate the stain areas and extent to the entire shoe.
    5: Apply the stretchable paper towel over the stain and extent to the edge skin tight, fully saturated and cling wrapped it or put it in an airtight container up to 72hrs with constant top-up of Hydrator-3.3. This highly saturated leather would allow colloidal water movement within the leather structure both distributing and wicking the foreign contamination through the paper towel to be caught instead of remaining of the leather surface. During the intervals of the dwelling the plumps leather may be work with a blunt spatula or the concave side of a teaspoon to help moves the stains to even out the appearance. It will become easier to work out the stains when the leather is plumps up and enough Hydrator-3.3 in the leather structure to do its works. Appearance becomes apparent even at this wet stage.
    6: When the appearance improves, replace back the stretchable paper towel and let the suspended soiling particulates wick through when crispy dry.
    7: Inspection when dry and the leather may be work with leather Eraser-4 of surface residue and ready to proceed to Fatliquor-5.0, otherwise repeat above 5:
    8: The entire leather is lightly moist with Hydrator-3.3 to check for surface tension to ensure evenness of appearance without blotchiness when Fatliquor-5.0 is applied and dry.

Note:
    The other shoe may have to go through the same procedure but not as thorough as stain removal is concern to even out the appearance.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

ya it absorbed it like a shammy. Im not sure Im up to soaking both her new boots. Are there any videos i can see first?

>>> The boots are A.S. 98 if that matters.

Do you know if this is "Nubuck"?

How old is this shoe?

Presently, I do not have videos of any kind.

The sequence of the video would still be the same as the above I post and if this is nubuck will need a Eraser-4 to remove remaining surface residue - sort of exfoliating to the original "finger writing effect" naps.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 08-22-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Thread Information