Thread: Chanel - bag – how to remove wrinkles & making it puffier?

Default Chanel - bag – how to remove wrinkles & making it puffier?

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is anything I could do with this bag?
    Removing the front wrinkles & make it more puffy.

I did go through your forum & this is relevant?
    http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...hanel+lambskin

Can I DIY?

The photos are as follows

Name:  image 2.jpeg
Views: 6828
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 5795

>>> I would like to ask if there is anything I could do with this bag, removing the front wrinkles & make it more puffy, Can I DIY?

Yes! Certainly you can, the leather is dried of its fatliquor (fat, oil and water) becomes stiffer and when it is constantly flexed without the abilities to distribute the weight load evenly thought out, the over stressed leather structure collapsed just like cardboard.

Solution is to relax the overstretched leather fibrils to so that it bounced back like a rubber band back to its original dimension. Opens up the in-between stick together leather fibrous structure and plumps up thus returning back to its original dimension. When the leather structure retains its physical appearance while fully saturated with Hydrator-3.3 it has to be supported as the moisture content eventually evaporates and the leather fibrils emptied becomes stick together again a phenomenon know as the “Van der Waals force” or “London Forces”. Fatliquor-5.0 has the solid content like the fat and oil and when timely replenished or introduced into the leather structure hydrogen bond with the protein leather fibrils thus keep the inter-fibrillary spaces free from sticking together. The fat solidifies at room temperatures and plumps the leather structure while the oil lubricates each fibrils like interconnecting hinges allowing them to slide over one another smoothly thus redistributing the work load evenly without stressing out only the overloaded fibrils, thus reduces creases and wrinkles. This cycle of leather rejuvenating is a constant repetitive cycle on a periodic basis just like topping our car engine oil to run smoothly.

In practice, the leather receive a restorative cleaning to remove all surface and penetrated soiling prior to leather rejuvenating it. Thus the typical sequence of process includes Prep-7.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 or situation when grease accumulates it will require Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0 or Acidifier-2.0 prior to Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system. Protector-B+ helps reduces sticky soiling and rub-resistant to prolong the wear of the finishes.

Will explain the practical steps of the actual process when you are ready to proceed.

Product recommended!

Name:  a20791f14538ddf85cf003_m.jpg
Views: 5517
Size:  31.4 KB
    Leather Doctor Kit A3 – Aniline Leather Care Kit
    Leather Doctorฎ Kit A3, aniline leather care kit is an innovative leather-safe (pH 3 - 5) system designed for keeping leathers at their highest level of appearance, maintaining its pH chemistry integrity, enhancing their suppleness and prevents premature ageing. Leathers that faced the sun, closed to fireplace and heaters dries out the fat and oil that keeps it supple sooner than the non-heat exposed areas. The diminishing of the fat and oil through evaporation results in the leather fibers being stick closer together that results in stiffness and when flexed during used will lead to cracks. Periodic use of Hydrator-3.3 to plumps the stick together fibers prior to fat and oil replenishing with Fatliquor-5.0 will keep the leather supple and strong. Thus, reduce the premature ageing of the leather against stiffness and cracking. The surface wear of the leather is greatly reduced with friction noise reduction. This is preventable with a rub-resistant Protector-B+ that imparts a natural buttery-feel. Periodic cleaning and rinsing with Cleaner-3.8 follows by Rinse-3.0 to the bare body contact areas like headrest and armrest helps reduce greasy soiling build-up. Restorative cleaning and occasional dye stains removal from new blue jeans is accomplished with Prep-4.4. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this leather-safe holistic care system.
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    [email protected]

And is there anything I could do with this discolouration handles?
    If i would not want to recolour them.

#1Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 5439
Size:  704.9 KB

>>>And is there anything I could do with this discolouration handles?
    If i would not want to recolour them.

The edging of the leather stripe is associated with friction-rubs against a darker material like jeans.
    The dye transfer is removed with Prep-4.4 and residue is clean and rinse with Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0.
    However, when dry you may see missing finishes.

Leather rejuvenating is the next phase with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3

Any surface roughness is repair with Adhesor-73.

Coloring is by Micro-54 (custom matching) with Microtop-54

Rub-resistant to reduce wear and abrasion is by Protector-B+

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

>>> Hi Roger,I finally got the kits!! Thanks. Could you kindly provide me a step by step to remove the wrinkles on my beige Chanel bag pls.

A restorative cleaning comes first prior to leather rejuvenating, thus the sequence of procedure is as follows:

Tips:
    Stuff up the bag with paper or cloth towel to retain shape during the entire process.

1st phase - Restorative Cleaning:
    1. Apply Prep-4.4 and agitate with horsehair Brush-1, ensuring a uniform application over the entire surfaces a section at a time.
    2. Allow a dwell time of 10 to 30 minutes or before it dries prior to towel extraction until it shows clean.
    3. Sticky residue is removed by Clean-3.8 with gentle brush agitation and towel extracts until it shows clean.
    4. Remaining residues are spray rinse with Rinse-3.0 and towel extracts to a squeaky-clean.
    5. Let dry and inspect for satisfaction, otherwise repeat cleaning process as necessary or proceed to hydrating.

Inspection before continues to the Hydrating phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Questions! View Post
    Hi,

I would like to ask if there is anything I could do with this bag?
    Removing the front wrinkles & make it more puffy.

I did go through your forum & this is relevant?
    http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...hanel+lambskin

Can I DIY?

The photos are as follows

Name:  image 2.jpeg
Views: 6828

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 5795
    Best not to DIY. Even though the Leather Doctor Kit is excellent, you still need some skills and experience in using it to realize its full potential.

>>> Please advise me on how to plump up my bag.

Plumping up the leather will require the Hydrator-3.3 to dwell up to 72 hours with moisture oozing out of the skin when press between thumb and finger. To control evaporation this small item can be put into a plastic container or plastic bag. When the leather is fully relaxed and still plumps with Hydrator-3.3, it is stretch to help return back to original dimension. While still working with the leather it is then continuous replaced with Fatliquor-5.0 and leave to natural drying. With each drying cycle more Fatliquor-5.0 is applied until satisfaction. Note that all Hydrator-3.3 will almost evaporated as well as the water contents of the Fatliquor-5.0. Only the fat and oil contents will remain behind when the leather dries. The fat content plumps the fullness of the leather and the oil lubricates the leather fibrils for softness. You may show some pictures if you are doing it correctly.

>>> Do I just apply it n let the hydrator seeps into the leather by itself of should i apply using a brush or d sponger provided?

The aim is to introduce the Hydrator-3.3 into the thickness of the leather to relax the fibers and to separate them from sticking together.

Method or technique varied depending on the absorbency of the leather and the finishes surface tension.
    Option #1, using horsehair Brush-1 will help to break-up surface tension and open up the pores and getting into the stitching holes much easier should be used first.
    Option #2, using the foam brush helps to control the surface flow and controlling the Hydrator-3.3 into the leather thickness easier then letting them flow out of the surface.

>>> What do u mean by moisture oozing out of the skin when pressed?

By leather rejuvenating with both Hydrator-3.3 and Fatliquor-5.0, these products has to go below surface into the thickness of the leather structure and in order to know that it has fully saturated it, we can have a little test by finger pressing it and when a little moisture of the products oozing out it means that the leather is fully saturated, more would be better. At this stage the bag is place in a conceal container or bag to control evaporation up to 72hrs. At this time or sooner the leather check at interval and stretch to help plumps the leather. More Hydrator-3.3 is applied so that the leather is very soft to manipulated out unwanted creases and wrinkles and well plumps. When this satisfaction stage is achieved the Hydrator-3.3 is replace with Fatliquor-5.0. The bag is taken out of any container or wrapping and leave to slow natural drying. Fatliquor-5.0 is applied similar to the Hydrator-3.3 and at every almost drying cycle more Fatliquor-5.0 is applied until the leather is saturated. When dry of all the water contents the fat and oil will remains and these are the ingredient to will hold up or plumps the leather with fullness from the fat and the oil lubricates the leather with fullness.

>>> I have been trying to remove d wrinkles but some still remains

Just to reconfirm after the first application of hydrator n dwelling up to 72hours. If i am not satisfied with the remaining wrinkles i would continue hydrating it with the hydrator 3.3 right? only upon satisfaction do i proceed to fatliquor 5.0?

So is the hydrator 3.3 is to remove the wrinkles? Hence i should continue hydrating it till no wrinkles arr visible?

There are no strict rules.

After 72hrs you may combine with Fatliquor-5.0.

Otherwise the leather remains empty without the fat liquor may be the reason.

You may go with Hydrator-3.3 after Fatliquor-5.0 and then Fatliquor-5.0 again.

Any sequence you see fit.

Ends up with Hydrator-3.3 to clean off any surface residue, let dry and apply Protector.B+.

Thread Information