Thread: Glossy Finish After Applying Satin Topcoat 84

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Glossy Finish After Applying Satin Topcoat 84

I have a BMW with Napa leather and Napa steering wheel. After performing the cleaning routine, I was very pleased with the results. The steering wheel was buttery, soft, and a clean matte finish but then I went to apply the Topcoat 84 with crosslinker. The first coat came out great with a nice, soft, matte finish. The second coat came out the same. However, I had a very small amount left and didn't want to waste it so I decided to apply it as well. After the first two were dry I applied the last little bit. Going on it was shiny since it was wet like the other two coats were. However, the glossiness never went away. I let it sit overnight and it is still glossy. I don't know why this happened or how to fix. I attached a picture for reference. The steering wheel leather used to be a soft matte finish exactly like the center of the steering wheel. It used to have a nice, uniform look to the entire steering wheel. Now it has the ugly glossiness to it. I know it looks smudgy but that because I have tried removing it already with no success. How do I fix this? Name:  20140525_133851.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  615.1 KB
    Last edited by AdamGarciaTX; 05-25-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Thread Information