Thread: Caring for high-end dress shoes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

But if it's serving the same purpose (filling interfibrilary spaces) and doesn't oxidize fast how is that bad, other than for sweaty feet and appearance purposes?

>>> But if it's serving the same purpose (filling interfibrilary spaces)

Stuffing oil fill up the inter fibrillary spaces.
    Fatliqor hydrogen bond to the leather protein fiber WITHOUT filing up the inter fibrillary spaces as breathing pores for leather transpiration.

>>> how is that bad

I have constantly been ask how to remove unwanted oil stains including coconut and olive oil from light to medium color leathers, it must be bad otherwise why the dissatisfaction?

Besides the darkening effect that clogs up the pores, unsaturated oils becomes browner in sunlight, sticky or gummy or even form hard films on oxidation by air.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 06-02-2014 at 10:47 AM.

I understand now, but in terms of its lubrication ability it is fine, it seems like it is more of an aesthetic issue than integrity issue.

The Hydrator is a truly amazing product. I can't believe its ability to pull creases out. How does it work? I mean, it must be different than just a lower ph liquid as your cleaner and rinse has an acidic ph, but behaves differently.

I have a couple of friends who ordered your products after hearing about my success. You should put me on the payroll!

Thanks to know that it works! It is time that someone or company owns and market Leather Doctor and put me on the payroll instead, are you or your friends interested?

>>> I understand now, but in terms of its lubrication ability it is fine, it seems like it is more of an aesthetic issue than integrity issue.

Stuffing oils of all sorts and Fatliquor-5.0 may have comparable lubricating ability. Stuffing oils lack the fat component that plumps the leather with fullness and the water contents that leaves breathing pores free for leather natural transpiration.
    Stuffing oils tends to bleed or transfer when the surface of the leather comes into contact with other absorbent material especially of lighter color in warm surrounding.
    Comparatively, stuffed or impregnated leather usually contain larger amount of oil, are more waterproof and are greasier to handle than similar leather, which has been fatliquored. For shoe perhaps the utility advantage is more water resistant.

>>> The Hydrator is a truly amazing product. I can't believe its ability to pull creases out. How does it work? I mean, it must be different than just a lower ph liquid as your cleaner and rinse has an acidic ph, but behaves differently.

Hydrator-3.3 works like our chiropractor; it relaxes and plumps the uneven tension from compression and stretch back to its equilibrium. It works efficiently when the whole thickness of the leather structure is fully saturated and allows dwelling capability up to 72 hours with control evaporation. It is the surface-active-agents component that does the work; its leather-safe pH value is to work in harmony with the pH value of the leather itself within the same range to ensure leather pH chemistry integrity. Besides pulling of creases out it have other multi fold functions.

Hydrator-3.3 multi functional abilities include:
    a) to check for surface tension for an even appearance free from blotchiness prior to fatliquor replenishing.
    b) To plumps, relaxes and separates crushed, shrunk and stick together fibrils for manipulating away-unwanted creases and wrinkles.
    c) To rectify alkaline overexposure areas by facilitating colloidal water movement to redistribute the leather constituents from surrounding areas.
    d) To activate the dormant dyestuff within the leather structure for color refreshing.
    e) To facilitates colloidal water movement within the inter-fibrillary spaces for wicking foreign soiling particulates to resurface.
    f) To stabilize, pH balance and charge the protein fiber below its iso-electric point (pI) ionic positive to hydrogen bond with the ionic negative fatliquor more effectively. This universal Hydrator-3.3 is for all leather types including pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck, suede, hair-on-hide and woolskin.

How much do you want for the company?

Have you ever considered trying out this technology and logic in the cosmetics business? I wonder if the hydrator-fatliquor system can replace my mothers wrinkle cream. What do you think?

>>> Have you ever considered trying out this technology and logic in the cosmetics business?

There are too many players in the cosmetics business, too late for me!

>>> I wonder if the hydrator-fatliquor system can replace my mothers wrinkle cream. What do you think?

I do not think Sarah the wife of Abraham uses such cream – with her natural youthfulness - at 65 years old Sarah was impressive to Pharoah and at 90 years old even in the presence of Abimelech. We may have to look into our DNA to find the answer for natural youthfulness or a mystical “Shangri la” that we may live and never grow old.

If oils are non-polar, how is it the oils and fats in Fatliquor has a negative ionic charge? Is it somehow chemically engineered?

Thread Information