Thread: Chanel - Lambskin Handbag - color worn - redye?

Default Chanel - Lambskin Handbag - color worn - redye?

Hi LeatherDoctor.

I just purchased this bag off from ebay, i like the size and the shape, but base on the look of the bag, there are color dyed (probably from shoe polish) which the color is unmatched ans spotty. On top of that, there is a thick white/clear layer of meltonian boot & shoe Cream polish on the bag. I would like to basically strip out all of these layers and correctly redye the bag. Please instruct me on how to do so and which product. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images      

>>> but base on the look of the bag, there are color dyed (probably from shoe polish) which the color is unmatched and spotty.

Pictures #2, #3 & #4 shows the lost of the secondary darker color (equivalent to Leather Doctor 2Tone-37) that need refinishing.

Product information from this link: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...-37/Categories

Secondary Color – 2Tone-37
    Sauvage leather finish is a two-tone fashion effect with two or more colors that add depth and character to the leather to create a multi-colored appearance. This effect can be done with various application techniques such as random spraying or spraying through a stencil with different shades of colors.

Name:  a20791d13f4a33d18d30e7_s.JPG
Views: 699
Size:  42.9 KB
    Leather Doctor® 2Tone-37

Leather Doctor® 2Tone-37 is a translucent hybrid dyestuff design for creating a two-tone, tipping, wiping, and random effect. This is a waterbased compact resin blend surface coating dyestuff that is also used to create the finer translucent semi-aniline effect.

Colors are available in popular Black, Maroon, Dark-Brown, Ochre-Brown, Red-Brown and Orange-Brown.

>>> On top of that, there is a thick white/clear layer of Meltonian Boot & Shoe Cream Polish on the bag. I would like to basically strip out all of these layers and correctly redye the bag.

As shown from picture #1, this whitish residue is stripped either with Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0 or complete with the entire secondary coloring with Stripper-2.3 > Rinse-3.0 for a total refinishing.

>>> which product.

Recommend Kit Sa7.cl for refinishing with an optional custom match to the lighter based color and an add-on matching secondary color 2Tone-37 to it. For color application will require the minimum Badger S250 air brushing system.
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...-Sa7.cl/Detail

Name:  a20791913d483342f572e8_m.JPG
Views: 728
Size:  86.0 KB
    Leather Doctor Kit Sa7.cl – Semi-Aniline Leather Color Refinishing Kit

Leather Doctor® Kit Sa7.cl, micro-pigmented leather color refinishing kit is design for a holistic restoration approach to not only the finishes but also rejuvenating the leather for suppleness. Most of these repairs may range from missing finishes to abrading damages into the leather structure. Some expose areas may be contaminated with foreign soiling that includes conditioners, protectors, body oil, grease and sweat or alkaline overexposure from cleaners. A comprehensive repair for a long-term lasting solution will require a holistic approach to deal with both the exposed structure and surface finishes. The practical and functional softness and strength of the leather depends on the health of the structure with average thickness between 0.9 to 1.2mm from stiffness and cracking. The aesthetic aspect of the leather finishes averages 0.02mm (or 20 micron) in thickness for practical compressing and flexing from cracking. A leather-safe restoration system begins by stripping with Stripper-2.3 and rinsing with Rinse-3.0. Degreasing with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Acidifier-2.0. The suffix numbers of these four products denotes it pH value for recharging the protein fiber ionic positive besides the act of decontamination. The leather integrity is revitalizes once the ionic attraction between the positive protein fiber and its negative leather constituents like the tanning agent and fatliquor (fat, oil and water) is initiated. Leather rejuvenating system for softness and strength is accomplishes with Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0. Surface uneven absorption is seals with Adhesor-73 to reduce the need for color over-coating thus increase its flexibility and stretchability from premature cracking. Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant surface with a buttery feel, reduces noises that translate into less friction wear. As the leather surface is well lubricated it reduces compression when comes to heavy body contact thus reduces compressed creases and wrinkles.

>>> Please instruct me on how to do so

I will guide you along step by step once you have the products and tools ready.

Use this Pigmented (P.t) Secondary Color Two-Tone Finishes as reference guide:

Name:  Pigmented- Two-Tone (P.t).jpg
Views: 759
Size:  740.1 KB

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-29-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Default ready to order

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    Colors are available in popular Black, Maroon, Dark-Brown, Ochre-Brown, Red-Brown and Orange-Brown.
    should i get ochre-brown? or dark-brown?

Existing color is recommended to be removed entirely to reveal a mono opaque coloring.

Thereafter new secondary 2Tone-37 color is reapply, thus color is your choice.

A lighter shade will gives lesser contrast when the secondary color is scuff or removed like we see from picture #4.

Existing color is recommended to be removed entirely to reveal a mono opaque coloring.

Thereafter new secondary 2Tone-37 color is reapply, thus color is your choice.

A lighter shade will gives lesser contrast when the secondary color is scuff or removed like we see from picture #4.
    $34.95
    US $31.69 Black, 250ml RTU 270kg
    $34.95
    US $31.69 Black, 250ml Fill-up 151kg

what is the different between RTU and what is Fill-Up? I was trying to purchase but don't know which one to get. Thank you

Check out if the total shipping cost is the same.
    If they are the same, opt for RTU (ready-to-use).
    Fill-up will require you to fill up with distilled water prior to use (design to save on shipping).

Check out if the total shipping cost is the same.
    If they are the same, opt for RTU (ready-to-use).
    Fill-up will require you to fill up with distilled water prior to use (design to save on shipping).
    Ordered already - just wait until products arrive and will start.

For color application will require the minimum Badger S250 air brushing system (mentioned above).

Recommend that you do some airbrushing practice with tap water, adjusting to the finest air flow to achieve a dry spray.
    Note that a higher pressure using the same tool will atomize the product better.

For color application will require the minimum Badger S250 air brushing system (mentioned above).

Recommend that you do some airbrushing practice with tap water, adjusting to the finest air flow to achieve a dry spray.
    Note that a higher pressure using the same tool will atomize the product better.
    I did not see that product for sale on your site. I looked at amazon and only found airbrush badger 250-1, 250-2, 250-3 but no s250. Can you just type down the exact name of the airbrush so I can easily search on amazon? Thank you

I have browse around and find this Model 250 is the most economical that need to be fix to an air compressor or gas bottle you see in the 200-3 model.

The 2nd pictures shows the complete set and for that price is a good consideration.

You may look around yourself as well.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 11.31.28 AM.png
Views: 742
Size:  790.7 KB

I got all of the stuff now, no instruction came with the package though, ready to start the process this weekend and I will take before and after pictures every one to see so excited
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by trd2013; 04-09-2014 at 07:55 PM.

The first step is to strip the secondary color (suggest you do a test on the base section and use this section as the first trial).

The remaining other panel may be mask tape up.

Stripping is by mist spraying Stripper-2.3 and brush it at the same time to remove the secondary coloring.

Show some pictures before the next step - which is the testing of the color with the airbrush on a white cardboard prior to actual trial application.

Thread Information