Thread: Zebra Skin Rug - is very Stiff and Curls up around the Legs and Head.

Default Zebra Skin Rug - is very Stiff and Curls up around the Legs and Head.

I have a zebra skin rug that is very stiff and curls up around the legs and head. I want to treat the rug with your Hydrator-3.3 and Fatliquor-5.0 products to reduce wrinkles and soften it. It's approximately 18 square feet, and I want to find out which size product I need to purchase.

There is an ill-fitting felt backing on the zebra, which I might remove.... It is loose and bunches up in the middle and is attached around the edges with some sort of adhesive.

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 1218
Size:  1.40 MB

Name:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 1177
Size:  1.34 MB

Name:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 1167
Size:  1.47 MB

See this starter kit and individual products in quarts are available as refills.

Name:  a207916145391c84f1dc4_m.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  35.2 KB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...are/Categories
    Leather Doctor Kit H4 – Hair-on-Hide Care Kit
    Leather Doctor® Kit H4, hair-on-hide care kit is an innovative leather-safe (pH 3 - 5) system designed for keeping zebra / cowhide at their highest level of appearance, enhancing their softness and strength and prevents premature ageing. The tell tale sign of hide starving for fat and oil is the creases, wrinkles and fold lines during shipping or storage that fail to make the rug lay flat. As the hides are almost returning to rawhide with lack of fat and oil it becomes noisy as the fiber becomes stick together. The reverse suede side, which we do not see, is vital in producing a pleasing appearance and need to be relaxed and soften up. Rejuvenating the suede side is accomplished by Hydrator-3.3 first to relax and separate the stick together fiber prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fatliquor-5.0 with its fat plumps the suede and the oil lubricate for softness without darkening effect. A well-rejuvenated hide will lie as flat without curls to the edges is a job well done. Cleaning to the suede side is performed with Cleaner-3.8 follows with Rinse-3.0 using a suede Brush-3 / Eraser-5 and towel extract. The hair side is clean with Cleaner-5.5 follows with Rinse-4.0 towel extracts and groom with suede Brush-3. Protector-3+ imparts is silky-feel rub-resistant to lubricates the hair from abrasion wear when the hair is rubbed and a non-stick properties to shield the hair from silky soiling as a preventive care. Moreover, it diffuses a classic leather scent to charm. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this leather-safe holistic care system for hair-on-hide.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    [email protected]

Thread Information