Thread: Always Wild - Aniline Oil Pull-up Leather - Crazy horse leather wallet became much darker after using wax

Default Always Wild - Aniline Oil Pull-up Leather - Crazy horse leather wallet became much darker after using wax

Hi,
    I bought this wallet a year ago (link below), and i love that type of leather. After some time (not long after buying) i applied colorless wax for that type of leather on it, and it was smoother but became MUCH darker, its almost black now, and i would like to somehow clean it to regain its original color. To be clear, its not damaged, or worn out or something else, its just too dark.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTY4WDc1MA==/z/vEQAAOxyhlJRdtx-/$(KGrHqRHJEMFF)P67lwgBRdt)-CU4Q~~60_3.JPG

Name:  $(KGrHqRHJEMFF)P67lwgBRdt)-CU4Q~~60_3.JPG
Views: 1578
Size:  86.5 KB
    Aniline Oil Pull-up also known as “Crazy Horse” leather.

It would be good to see picture of existing condition for comparison.

Like to see the colorless wax you have applied, wax of any type will produce a sheen thus is the wrong match that accumulated the unwanted sheen.

Perhaps body oil; grease and sweat may also contribute to the unwanted sheen.

Cleaning would mean "degreasing" or "stripping" any accumulated soiling follows by leather rejuvenating for softness prior to the secondary oil pull-up effect that returns the leather to its original "crazy horse oil pull-up type".

Upon viewing the existing condition I will then recommend the procedure and products.

Aniline (A.o) Leather Problem Solving Guide
    Name:  Aniline - Pull-Up Oil (A.o).jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  407.3 KB

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-06-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Hi, sorry for replying this late.
    Here are the pictures of front and back side, notice i bent one corner so you can see that pull-up effect.

Name:  967629_10203504275676583_1553471654_n.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  126.5 KBName:  1555829_10203504275156570_408923035_n.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  115.4 KB

And the wax i used:
    http://www.centralin.com/index.php?i...ash=56739e243f
    It is basicaly colorless wax with avocado.

The recommended system would include:

1.] Degreasing:
    This degreasing process is to strip the non-compatible wax used on an oil pull-up.
    Products used - Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0 or Acidifier-2.0 to control bleeding.

2.] Leather Rejuvenating:
    Leather-rejuvenating process relaxes the leather or unnatural creases or wrinkles and softens when dry from cracking.
    Product used – Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0

3.] Fashion Effect Rejuvenating:
    This process replenishes the original fashion effect diminishes from evaporation.
    Product used – Oil Effect-2.8

4.] Non-stick, rub-resistant Protector:
    This application reduces the wear of the leather with a buttery-feel with a classic leather scent.
    Product used – Protector-B+

You may find these products when you key the products name onto the search button from this link:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet/StoreFront

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Thread Information