Thread: Pigmented - Red Dye Stain - How to remove red dye stains from a white leather couch and maintaining on a regular basis from becoming grey with soiling.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pigmented - Red Dye Stain - How to remove red dye stains from a white leather couch and maintaining on a regular basis from becoming grey with soiling.

I have a white leather couch with red dye stains coming from a red bathrobe. I have had the bathrobe for about 2 months now so probably the stains are two months old. I purchased the product called Dry Cleaning for Suede & Leather and some of the pink left but not all. My white couch (see attached photos) is only 8 months old and it is in a sunroom that was added to my house just last spring. During the day you can still see the pink on the couch but I have a feeling it will not show up on the photograph. By the way I ordered the Leather Doctor Kit Sa7.di anyway because I will be using it often and of course now I have to condition my couch and add some protection on it. Your guidance with this is greatly appreciated. Also please provide me with instructions on how to maintain my couch on a regular basis so that the white does not become grey.

Name:  Completed Sunroom.JPG
Views: 5405
Size:  720.7 KB

I have received your kit for the removal of ink and dye transfer and I thank you for same. I am looking forward to trying this so that I can get rid of a mild dye transfer from my red bathrobe onto my eight-month old white couch.

Now I am looking for a kit or products to clean my couch when stains appear almost on a daily basis. A white couch does get dirty quickly and I would like to maintain its gorgeous white colour. I saw you have two cleaners called “Light Soiling” & “Heavy Soiling” and I was wondering if one of these products remove any kind of daily stains. Also, where I sit I have noticed that the cushion is kind of grey and not that brilliant white so I would like to get rid of that.

Again, thank you so much for your help and I look forward to your next suggestions.
    Last edited by Questions!; 02-20-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Thread Information