Thread: Chanel - Patent Leather Bag - restoring whiteness

Default Chanel - Patent Leather Bag - restoring whiteness

i have bought a pre-loved white patent leather chanel bag which shows lots of signs of wear and stains both inside and out. Do i have a chance of ever restoring it to its former glory? or will I have to color it black?

Name:  f.jpg
Views: 2809
Size:  25.6 KB

Views: 2964
Size:  26.6 KB

Views: 1918
Size:  26.6 KB

Views: 1848
Size:  19.1 KB

Patent leather although it looks indestructible with its tough coating, somehow most of the stain becomes penetrated and goes beneath the surface that becomes unreachable. Having a secondary translucent coloring will be a better alternative than just black. Going all the way to black may have its issue when the finishes is scratch it will reveal the white base and could be quite obvious due to contrast in color. A complimentary secondary coloring will still have a white back ground but camouflaging and enhancing the beauty as well. This can be accomplished with a choice of secondary coloring such as Pearl-97 with pearly effect; or metallic color effect such as from the Metallic-98 range of Gold, Silver, Bronze or Copper; or Fluoresce-96 fluorescent silver that glows in the dark. You may see some of these mentioned products when you search from this on-line store: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet/StoreFront

If this idea sounds attractive, we can go into details how to accomplished it.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 01-28-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Dear Roger or Leather Care Consultant,

I have a similar problem with my Chanel patent leather purse except it is yellowing. What are my options to restore to its former glory? or is black my only option?
    Name:  IMG_0749.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  702.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0750.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  1,008.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0751.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  1.29 MB
    Name:  IMG_0752.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  1.13 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    Patent leather although it looks indestructible with its tough coating, somehow most of the stain becomes penetrated and goes beneath the surface that becomes unreachable. Having a secondary translucent coloring will be a better alternative than just black. Going all the way to black may have its issue when the finishes is scratch it will reveal the white base and could be quite obvious due to contrast in color. A complimentary secondary coloring will still have a white back ground but camouflaging and enhancing the beauty as well. This can be accomplished with a choice of secondary coloring such as Pearl-97 with pearly effect; or metallic color effect such as from the Metallic-98 range of Gold, Silver, Bronze or Copper; or Fluoresce-96 fluorescent silver that glows in the dark. You may see some of these mentioned products when you search from this on-line store: http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet/StoreFront

If this idea sounds attractive, we can go into details how to accomplished it.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Thread Information