Thread: bicast leather sofa

Default bicast leather sofa

Hi! I was looking at some of your products and was wondering what your opinion was on a couch with significant bicast leather peeling?

Is it worth trying to repair and what would you recommend if so?

I can attached a picture to give an idea of what it looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

>>> Is it worth trying to repair and what would you recommend if so?

Sounds easy if you have the missing film to re-laminate it on.
    Removing or separating the film from a hidden area may be a challenge.
    Product used is Bond-3D.

Another alternative is to use matching Adhesor-73 > Bicast-32 > Bicast-76 > BicastTop-76G system for finishes touch-up if that is acceptable.

Surface preparation with Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0 system is recommended prior to above repairs

However, friction rubs is one main cause of delamination – Protector-B+ helps reduce friction rubs thus save lamination failure on a routine basis.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

I don't have the stuff that peeled off...so I just need to prep with the adhesor then paint on a close color match and seal?

How do I get a smooth similar finish so the transition isn't as noticible?

>>> I don't have the stuff that peeled off...so I just need to prep with the Adhesor-73 then paint on a close color match and seal?

The sequence of steps is as follows:

Preparation Cleaning:
    Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0

Repairs:
    Bond-3D
    Repair is done with a syringe to inject Bond-3D between delamination.

Bicast Finishes System:
    Adhesor-73 > Bicast-32 > Bicast-76 > BicastTop-76G
    Adhesor-73 is for sealing leather crust.
    Bicast-32 is for blocking out base color.
    Bicast-76 is for beauty of dept.
    BicastTop-76G seals the finishes.

Protection:
    Protector-B+ protects finishes for durability on a routine /periodic basis to prevent or reduce rub related delamination.

>>> How do I get a smooth similar finish so the transition isn't as noticible?
    By touch of hand or tactile feel, any roughness is correctable with sandpaper that matches, between finishes coating is done with a 2000 grit.
    Color matching is the key to good transition one to block the base color and the other gives the beauty of depth. The final overall topcoat to the entire panel helps modify the luster level from light reflection.

Tips:
    The lamination may be at the end of useful life and ultimately to safe the sofa color refinishing is the only variable alternative. An entire symmetric panel restoration may take on a more pleasant appearance for consideration.

Pictures of the overall view and how long you wish to keep the sofa may help in the options of approach.

You may take a look at the products from the on-line store by searching the products mentioned - http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...ers/Categories

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant

Thread Information