Thread: Need Help Removing Canola Oil from new brown boots

Default Need Help Removing Canola Oil from new brown boots

Hi- I am hoping someone can help me save my new boots. They had canola oil spill on them and sit overnight. I tried the cornstarch method and it didn't work. Can someone tell me how I get the oil out, that's if I can.

Name:  IMG_1327.JPG
Views: 1338
Size:  1.78 MBName:  IMG_1326.JPG
Views: 1401
Size:  2.34 MB

Thanks!

The penetrated oil is absorbed into the leather structure and will need more than surface removal.

It will require to be degreased out of the leather and by doing so the existing topcoat may be removed at the same time and the spots will looks lighter (to be extended to the entire panel) in color that need to be re-topcoat to even out the appearance. It is recommended that the entire panel be done entirely.

I will walk you through when you have this Kit A6.tc.

Name:  a20791513d39c02caed0b4_m.JPG
Views: 1231
Size:  87.3 KB
    Leather Doctor Kit A6.tc – Aniline Leather Topcoat Refinishing Kit
    Leather Doctor® Kit A6.tc, aniline leather topcoat refinishing kit is designed for topcoat repairs from friction wear, accidental scratch, scuff and abrasion to deteriorating greasy sweat stains. These topcoat damages are identified as white, dull or darkening stain from bare body contacts. Accidental whitish damages in most cases are free of soiling and direct AnilineTop-21G application with in between dry sanding rectifies most damages. Repairs to topcoat from daily wears that dulls will require a degreasing to remove penetrated rub-in soiling prior to topcoat application in a sequence process including Degreaser-2.2 follows with Rinse-3.0; Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0 prior to topcoat application. In a greasy and sweaty topcoat damaged areas especially to the headrest and armrest, a deep degreasing is essential follows with Acidifier-2.0 to stabilize the hydrogen bonding between the protein fibers with the other leather constituent like the tanning agent, dyestuff and fatliquor. This deep degreasing process is assisted by leather Eraser-4 in both the wet and dry cleaning process to remove soiling particulates off the leather surface. Hydrator-3.3 helps in the colloidal water movement bringing suspended soiling particulates to resurface through a dwelling and wicking process. Fat and oil is replenished by Fatliquor-5.0 in an emulsion form to penetrate into the leather structure. Once the fat and oil is hydrogen bond with the protein fiber, the water content breaks free leaving a breathing space for natural transpiration. The fat plumps the leather with fullness preventing the leather structure from collapsing during compressing and flexing while the oil lubricates the fiber from sliding smoothly over one another like millions of connecting hinges. Protector-B+ impart a non-stick, rub-resistant surface with a buttery feel helps reduce friction wear to the topcoat and extended a high level of appearance for a longer period of time. When the leather is contaminated with foreign soiling, it is essential to look at topcoat refinishing in a holistic approach. Note that the cleaning and rejuvenating products suffix denotes its pH value in this leather-safe aniline leathers topcoat refinishing system.
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...ers/Categories

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 12-03-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks Roger, is there any other alternatives that can diminish it? I don't want to invest more money in the product than I did in the shoes.

Thanks
    Kisha

The lesser approach is by:

1st - Super Clean-4.9 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system (to remove the grease)

2nd - Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system (to restore leather softness and tensile strength)

Name:  a20791812d01ab79d0fc73_m.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  42.5 KB
    Leather Doctor Super Cleaner-4.9
    Leather Doctor® Super Cleaner-4.9 is a pH 4.9 waterbased-preconditioner with a lower cleaning power than the prep cleaner and higher than the Strong Cleaner-4.3. This super cleaner is design for surface greasy leathers on those frequent body contact areas, like headrest and armrest of upholstery, collar and cuffs of garment including handles of bag. It works by allowing sufficient dwell-time for complete soil deflocculation to occur prior to cleaning in conjunction with Cleaner-3.8 and Rinse-3.0 as a holistic leather-safe system. For prolonged penetrated stubborn body and hair oil, grease and sweat stains working with Degreaser-2.2 in conjunction with Acidifier-2.0 as a holistic system is highly recommended. This universal leather-safe super cleaner is for all leather types including the common pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck and suede. http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...ing/Categories

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Thanks! I will pick those items up and give it a try

Kisha

Can you share with me the steps I should follow for th e1st - Super Clean-4.9 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system (to remove the grease)
    Do I just follow each bottles instructions?

Thanks!

Tips:

1st – Shake well and apply Super Clean-4.9 neatly with horsehair Brush-1 or equivalent or cotton swab to the entire section of the stain area concentrating on the stain and feather it out (this is to avoid unnecessary rings or marks when dry if any). Avoid unnecessary rubbing to save the topcoat, use blotting instead during towel extraction.

2nd – Apply Clean-3.8 in similar fashion and towel blot extract sticky residue if any.

3rd – Apply Rinse-3.0 in similar fashion and towel blot extract until leather feels squeaky.

Note:
    If rings of darkening effect overlap into the adjacent panel, extent it with Rinse-3.0 to the border of the next section (this will ensure that no rings will be apparent if any).

Lay tissue paper to be an extension of the leather over the stain area and an a thick absorbent white towel over it under weight and let it dry naturally (this will allows the suspended oil particulates to be absorbed by the paper and towel instead of remaining on the leather surface).

When it is completely crispy dry then is the paper tissue paper is peeled for inspection.

Depends on the amount of oil is in the leather thickness that need to be wick out; the stain area may be completely gone or reduce in size that need to be repeated.

If possible show pictures in every step, so we know how it progresses.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Hi Roger,
    Sadly the process did not remove the stains. We tried 3 times and its still wouldn't work. Does Leatherdoctor. have a refund policy or process? Thanks!

>>> is there any other alternatives that can diminish it? Sadly the process did not remove the stains. We tried 3 times and its still wouldn't work

To degrease the proper product to use is Degreaser-2.2 system as originally recommended.

Any other lesser alternatives may take longer time up to 72 hours for the product to work. The product has to be kept moist during the longer dwell time.

Thread Information