Thread: Rebecca Minkoff Nikki Bag - cleaning!

Default Rebecca Minkoff Nikki Bag - cleaning!

Hi Roger,

I recently bought 2 used bags from eBay and would like to purchase some appropriate to clean them.

The first one is a Rebecca Minkoff Nikki bag.
    Looks like it has blue dye transfer on the back (please correct me if my guess is wrong).

Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  347.8 KB

Name:  attachment-1.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  437.8 KB

Name:  attachment-2.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  531.8 KB

I did Prep=>Cleanse=>Rinse on the Rebecca Minkoff Nikki bag and here's the result:

It looks clean and nice from far:
    #1 Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  690.9 KB

Closeup look - some areas are more scaly, rough and dry than the other:
    #2 Name:  attachment-1.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  840.9 KB

Closeup look 2 - some areas has discoloration, looking more yellowish:
    # Name:  attachment-2.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  664.5 KB

The areas with discoloration are also the areas with roughness and dryness.

Now should I apply the Hydrator? If yes, how to apply it? How much should I use? Do I need to plastic wrap on it and how long will be the dwelling time?

Thank you Roger for your help.

Florence

>>>Discoloration:

The discoloration is work out with Hydrator-3.3. A complete hydrating to plumps the leather structure with moisture oozing out between thumb and fingers is recommended. Tissue paper may help to reverse transfer yellowish discoloration away from the surface. The internal stains need time sufficient dwell time to redistribute, pH balance and wicking in the hydrating and drying process. Cling wrapping or putting on plastic container to control evaporation is also recommended to solve the unknown discoloration issue.

>>>Roughness:

Roughness is possible topcoat damages due to existing abrasive friction rubs. Repairs include fine 2000grit sanding in between matching topcoats.

>>>Dryness:

Texture dryness will need restoration with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0

Tips:
    1. Saturate the entire bag with Hydrator.3.3, concentrating on the discoloration, roughness and dryness areas.
    2. Tissue paper for reverse transferring of stain should be without airspace.
    3. Plastic wrapping or putting into plastic container for control evaporation.
    4. Dwelling up to 72 hours for effective hydrating and moisture level should be maintain at the optimum level until the plastic is removed or taken out of plastic container.
    5. During drying allow the moisture to wick out through the tissue paper as an extension of the leather surface.

Roger Koh
    Leather Care Consultant
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Thread Information