Thread: 2005 Ford King Ranch Leather Seat, I think I ruined using Leatherique – any advice?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2005 Ford King Ranch Leather Seat, I think I ruined using Leatherique – any advice?

I'm pretty PO'ed so bare with me. I'll try not to curse.

I spent the almost $90 on the 32 oz kit and after it arrived, was pretty surprised at the lame instructions.

The kit comes with this really hard bristled brush but the directions make no mention of this brush or what you're supposed to do with it. They do mention using a paint brush or a soft bristled brush to apply the oil but nothing about the really hard bristle brush they include.

I started on my passengers seat and applied liberally. I applied 3+ coats on the entire seat. I wasn't getting the desired shiny caramel brown look so I figured I'd try scuffing the leather with that hard bristled brush. BIG MISTAKE. It did open the pores of the leather but now the seat has fine scratches all over it and is like a suede leather instead of a shiny smooth surface that I started with and hoped to keep. Your butt no longer slides on the leather. It's planted where it lands. It's like sitting on grip tape.

My passengers seat is now a splotchy and patchy DARK BROWN color and it feels & looks like suede. All the scratches that were hidden are now darker and very pronounced.

It is a completely different seat now and looks nothing like the untouched drivers seat. The longer it dries, the worse it looks. It's been 3-4 days drying now and it looks horrible. I even put a hairdryer on it to warm it up even more but that didn't help.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next? Do I perform the same work on the drivers seat so at least it matches the passengers seat... then both seats will look like CRAP OR do I try to find a like new, passengers seat from another 2005 F350 King Ranch with only 10k miles on it?

Autogeek or Leatherique needs to rewrite the vague leatherique instructions before anyone else ruins their expensive Ford King Ranch leather. I really think a caution should be printed on the bottle for King Ranch owners.

I show pics of my untreated drivers seat and of the treated Leatherique'd passengers seat.

Name:  P1060761.jpg
Views: 5229
Size:  62.6 KBName:  P1060762.jpg
Views: 12325
Size:  71.1 KBName:  P1060764.jpg
Views: 9588
Size:  95.3 KBName:  P1060770.jpg
Views: 7385
Size:  57.7 KBName:  P1060771.jpg
Views: 4522
Size:  31.6 KB
    Last edited by don; 07-08-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Thread Information