Thread: Chanel - Help with Chanel caviar wear on edges!

Default Chanel - Help with Chanel caviar wear on edges!

Hi can anyone advise what can be done for the wear at the corners of my chanel caviar jumbo?
    Do I have to send in for professional repair? My local chanel only fix hardware n stitching ,not leather..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you do paint your nails you would be able to follow instruction to refinish the corners of the Chanel bag. To look good between new and used you may want to refinish the entire bag instead.

Here are the holistic sequence of the process depends how details you want to go about it.

1) Foreign contamination is to be removed with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Rinse-3.0 or Acidifier-2.0 to control bleeding.
    2) Leather rejuvenating is the replenishing of the original fat and oil after degreasing to restore the leather suppleness with Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0.
    3) The worn areas need to be sealed to even out absorbency prior to refinishing with Adhesor-73 to restore the smooth skin prior to redyeing.
    4) Color redyeing is done with coating dyestuff with Aniline-76 (black).
    5) Gloss topcoating is done with AnilineTop-21.
    6) Rub-resistant protection is done with Protector-B+.

Products mentioned are found in this Kit A7.cl. . .
    I will walk you through when you decide to do it yourself.

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Name:  a20791513d3c650127dc2d_m.JPG
Views: 3714
Size:  86.2 KB
    Leather Doctor Kit A7.cl – Aniline Leather Dye Refinishing Kit
    Leather Doctor® Kit A7.cl, aniline leather dye refinishing kit is designed for dyestuff and topcoat refinishing from the simple sunlight fading to the severely sweat damages from body oil and grease. Most severely penetrated, prolonged and neglected stains show a darkening effect with a sticky feel have its topcoat and dyestuff probably deteriorated by the sweat. When the stain feels sticky, it is a sign of leather denaturing and reverting to rawhide from breaking of bonds with the tanning agent. When sign of color is transfer to a white towel, it indicates that the dyestuff has also break bonds with the protein fiber. When leather is stiff or show signs of whitish residue migrating, it shows that the fatliquor is breaking bonds as well with the protein fiber. The main component of the leather protein fiber is amphoteric while the other constituents are not; shifting of the pH mainly caused from sweat to alkalinity affects the pH imbalance. To revert from denaturing into rawhide prior to topcoat refinishing, contaminated alkaline soiling is removed with Degreaser-2.2, a waterbased (pH 2.2) multifunctional degreaser that emulsifies greasy contamination besides controlling dye bleeding and charging the protein fiber ionic positive for strengthening the attraction between the ionic negative tanning agent, dyestuff and fatliquor. Deflocculated and suspended soiling is towel extracted, thereafter rinse and pH balanced with Acidifier-2.0 to prevent the leather from reverting to rawhide. When leather feels sticky or slimy it is a sign of leather denaturing, a squeaky feel when wet is a sign of a healthy leather. Hydrator-3.3 relaxes stiff leathers and removes surface tension free from surface blotchiness prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fat and oil is replenished with Fatliquor-5.0 to rejuvenate the leather for the desired suppleness when dry. Custom redyeing commences prior to topcoat refinishing. Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant protection with a buttery-feel that shield against sticky soiling and reduce friction noises. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this holistic leather-safe aniline leathers dyestuff and topcoat refinishing system.

Default Help with chanel caviar wear on edge

Hi yes pls walk me thr...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    If you do paint your nails you would be able to follow instruction to refinish the corners of the Chanel bag. To look good between new and used you may want to refinish the entire bag instead.

Here are the holistic sequence of the process depends how details you want to go about it.

1) Foreign contamination is to be removed with Degreaser-2.2 follows with Rinse-3.0 or Acidifier-2.0 to control bleeding.
    2) Leather rejuvenating is the replenishing of the original fat and oil after degreasing to restore the leather suppleness with Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0.
    3) The worn areas need to be sealed to even out absorbency prior to refinishing with Adhesor-73 to restore the smooth skin prior to redyeing.
    4) Color redyeing is done with coating dyestuff with Aniline-76 (black).
    5) Gloss topcoating is done with AnilineTop-21.
    6) Rub-resistant protection is done with Protector-B+.

Products mentioned are found in this Kit A7.cl. . .
    I will walk you through when you decide to do it yourself.

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Name:  a20791513d3c650127dc2d_m.JPG
Views: 3714
Size:  86.2 KB
    Leather Doctor Kit A7.cl – Aniline Leather Dye Refinishing Kit
    Leather Doctor® Kit A7.cl, aniline leather dye refinishing kit is designed for dyestuff and topcoat refinishing from the simple sunlight fading to the severely sweat damages from body oil and grease. Most severely penetrated, prolonged and neglected stains show a darkening effect with a sticky feel have its topcoat and dyestuff probably deteriorated by the sweat. When the stain feels sticky, it is a sign of leather denaturing and reverting to rawhide from breaking of bonds with the tanning agent. When sign of color is transfer to a white towel, it indicates that the dyestuff has also break bonds with the protein fiber. When leather is stiff or show signs of whitish residue migrating, it shows that the fatliquor is breaking bonds as well with the protein fiber. The main component of the leather protein fiber is amphoteric while the other constituents are not; shifting of the pH mainly caused from sweat to alkalinity affects the pH imbalance. To revert from denaturing into rawhide prior to topcoat refinishing, contaminated alkaline soiling is removed with Degreaser-2.2, a waterbased (pH 2.2) multifunctional degreaser that emulsifies greasy contamination besides controlling dye bleeding and charging the protein fiber ionic positive for strengthening the attraction between the ionic negative tanning agent, dyestuff and fatliquor. Deflocculated and suspended soiling is towel extracted, thereafter rinse and pH balanced with Acidifier-2.0 to prevent the leather from reverting to rawhide. When leather feels sticky or slimy it is a sign of leather denaturing, a squeaky feel when wet is a sign of a healthy leather. Hydrator-3.3 relaxes stiff leathers and removes surface tension free from surface blotchiness prior to fat and oil replenishing. Fat and oil is replenished with Fatliquor-5.0 to rejuvenate the leather for the desired suppleness when dry. Custom redyeing commences prior to topcoat refinishing. Protector-B+ imparts a non-stick rub-resistant protection with a buttery-feel that shield against sticky soiling and reduce friction noises. Note that the mentioned product suffix number denotes its pH value in this holistic leather-safe aniline leathers dyestuff and topcoat refinishing system.

Can I start from s.n 3?

Sounds like you are just doing a quick touch-up of only the abraded area.

Yes, you can start with #3).

Prior application to smoothen it, the surface is best work over with leather Eraser-4 and follow through till #6).

Note:
    You have to bear in mind that the localized repairs may stand out in terms of color and luster freshness.

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 07-06-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Hi Roger I can't find the eraser-4. Can't provide link . Is there international shipping? Chanel forum asked me to use meltonian boot and shoe black polish to dye the abraded part, possible?

Leather-Eraser-4 as an individual item is found in this link:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/servlet...h-4/Categories

Products are ship worldwide.

Are you thinking of substituting products for step #4)?

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Default Help with CHanel caviar wear on edges!

Hi yes, can i use the meltonian boot and shoe cream polish in black to touch up the colour?

The polish has to be able to anchor into the smooth surface repairs otherwise they are easily rub-off.

Moreover, you want to restore the shine as well, will the shine anchor into the polish is questionable.

It will be better-off you have a proven system to do the repairs, color, luster and rub-resistant protection.

For your information, Aniline-21 a black transparent “staining” dyestuff will fail when you apply over the repairs because the dyestuff does not penetrate into the repairs areas anymore. You will need a transparent “coating” dyestuff that matches-up to the product use to smooth the abrasion, thus Aniline-76.

Check the Leather Doctor on-line store and you will see many other blacks which will not be matching for this repairs. Blacks may be transparent, translucent or opaque. They may be for penetrating or for coating. And the system has to be design as one to achieve the ultimate result with integrity.

In leather we have to think thrice before we act, otherwise the undoing is more tedious than the doing.

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Note:

Please look at this link on Leather Problem Solving Guide.

All these finishes types has their own “black” as well.

Product system and sequence I have recommend is the closest to your problem.

http://www.leathercleaningrestoratio...umdisplay.php?
    19-Leather-Problem-Solving-Guide

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Saralle View Post
    Hi can anyone advise what can be done for the wear at the corners of my chanel caviar jumbo?
    Do I have to send in for professional repair? My local chanel only fix hardware n stitching ,not leather..
    If you are reconsidering for a professional repairs, I do it!

Email me, please where to send it in.

Roger
    [email protected]

Default Roger

Hi roger thks, ive bought the Apple Care Leather Conditioner which many said to use for Chanel bags. Can i use it to gently clean before starting on serial #3?

Hi Roger, but i lived in Singapore... not very possible to send in to u right?

Quote Originally Posted by Saralle View Post
    Hi roger thks, ive bought the Apple Care Leather Conditioner which many said to use for Chanel bags. Can i use it to gently clean before starting on serial #3?
    The damage areas becomes suede, and I do not think that apple products is leather-safe for suede.

The pH neutral of leather is 4, also known as the isoelectric point of leather.

Bear in mind that leather is an "amphoteric" material.

Any pH value that is alkaline will shift the pH value of the protein fiber ionic negative.

This shifting of the ionic negative (-ve) to the leather protein fiber will cause the leather to repels its other ionic negative (-ve) like the tanning agent, dyestuff and fat liquor.

Please check the pH of the products for cleaning prior to use...be very careful.

Alkaline products when clean suede will have these problems:

1) The breaking of bond between the protein fiber with the tanning agent will cause the denaturing of the leather, resulting in stickiness or sliminess.

2) The breaking of bond between the protein fiber with the dyestuff will cause the dyes to bleed.

3) The breaking of bond between the protein fiber with the fat and oil will makes the suede area feels stiff like sandpaper.

If you check out this forum, there are damages causes by using this mention products.

The suffix number of the Leather Doctor's cleaning and condition products ranges is the pH value of the product.

Leather-safe is using a pH that is between 2 and 5, otherwise when used an alkaline products they have to be neutralized with a pH 2.0 or 3.0 product.

Remember, that cheap may end-up expensive when comes to cleaning and restoring leather.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 07-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Hi Roger, when i brought my bag to some professional cleaner, they advised me to send it in when there are more wear on the bag as it's not cost effective. He then rubbed some in-hse brand cream to the abrasion area. Does this affect my Adhesor-73? SHld i clean it with something first?

"Creams" of any kind are not used in the original refinishing of leathers.

Besides restoring the original finishes the structural integrity of the leather has to be restored.

The cream has to be removed and in this sequence.

#1. Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0 / Acidifier-2.0

#2. Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0

#3. Leather Eraser-4.

The above is to remove foreign contamination prior to Adhesor-73 to seal the abraded area smooth.

We practice leather science and logic, not just cosmetic cover-up.

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 07-09-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Hi roger, I've another caviar bag where there is peel off leather at the corner,exposing the suede below. Can this same method be used?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3862
Size:  95.6 KB

Yes!

Foreign contamination is first removed with Eraser-4, or a wet cleaning process for penetrated stains with Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0.

The highlight of this repair is to restore the exposed raw suede back to smooth skin.
    This is done with Adhesor-73, which forms a continuous soft flexible film. The smoothness of the skin repair is further improves with fine 1000/2000grit sanding in between dry coatings.

Color refinishing is done with Aniline-76 which matches the existing coloring and protected with AnilineTop-21G or 76G.

Protector-B+ will help reduce friction wear especially to bag edges.

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Product information:

The color closest is Rubine in the Aniline-76 colour range.

Name:  a20791d13f4a0a910d6147_m.JPG
Views: 3679
Size:  120.1 KB
    Leather Doctor Aniline-76

Aniline-76 is a transparent dyestuff that is design for coating over existing topcoat. This lively and brilliant new generation aqueous dyestuff provides a more superior light fastness and fades resistance than most standard liquid dyes.

To stain directly into leather with no impeding topcoat use Aniline-21 instead.

Use AnilineTop-76 thereafter to seal dyestuff from crocking or bleeding that also decides the luster with either gloss or matte, or a mix for a satin luster.

Nine (9) standard colors are available for direct application and for creating a secondary or tertiary color to match.

The popular Antique-Brown is an example of a mix of one part Orange, Red-Brown and Dark-Brown.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 07-24-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Hi ROger, was wondering if the eraser would worsen the part? The eraser looks very rough , was afraid the suede will disintegrate when i rub it with the eraser. I wld only need a tiny dot of the Adhesor right? Which one is better as a top coat for both bags; Anilinetop-76g or 21g?
    Last edited by Saralle; 07-24-2013 at 08:02 PM.

>>>Was wondering if the eraser would worsen the part? The eraser looks very rough , was afraid the suede will disintegrate when i rub it with the eraser.

If there is no soiling, skip the erasing if you wish. No it will not worsen the part, the surface need to be clean otherwise it will be sealed by the Adhesor-73.

>>>I would only need a tiny dot of the Adhesor-73 right?

Yes, a tiny dot to be absorbed by the suede, you may use a painting brush or a cotton swab for the application.

>>>Which one is better as a top coat for both bags; AnilineTop-76g or 21g?

The black bag has a heavier topcoat – so AnilineTop-76G.

The rubine bag has a finer topcoat – so AnilineTop-21G.

When used AnilineTop-21G on the black bag will require double the coatings until the gloss equalized with the existing level.

Roger
    www.LeatherDoctor.com

Thread Information