Thread: Bicast leather, water damaged, finishes stretched distortion, couch becomes sticky to any fabric – how to restore the problems?

Default Bicast leather, water damaged, finishes stretched distortion, couch becomes sticky to any fabric – how to restore the problems?

I have heard about your products on the web and I was wondering if I could buy a leather restoration kit.
    My couch has water damage and it seems to be that the top layer of the leather is peeling off from it?
    Maybe it’s some kind of protective layer?
    Do you think your product could restore that?

So I’ve attached some images.
    The “ok” one shows what the leather looks like in the areas where it is fine.
    The “back” ones show the back part, I think someone sat there wet or sweaty (I live in the tropics) and stretched the leather?
    But this is also the part where I am wondering if the top layer is coming off.
    And the “seat” ones show the seat, what looks like dirt is actually fiber from shorts that now sticks to the couch.
    This started a few weeks ago, now the couch sticks to any fabric.
    We tried all kinds of leather cleaners (safe for the environment, recommended for car seats, etc) but they definitely did not help and maybe even made it worse.
    Please let me know if your product might help, and how much it is including shipment to Cairns, Queensland, Australia, postcode 4870.
    Cheers,
    Barbara

#1 Back 1
    Name:  back 1.jpg
Views: 5675
Size:  1.25 MB

#2 Back 2
    Name:  back 2.jpg
Views: 3820
Size:  1.29 MB

#3 OK 1
    Name:  ok 1.jpg
Views: 1706
Size:  1.27 MB

#4 Seat 1
    Name:  seat 1.jpg
Views: 4375
Size:  1.12 MB

#5 Seat 2
    Name:  seat 2.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  1.19 MB

Leather Doctor® Kit B7 Bicast Leather Sticky Refinishing Kit is the recommend for this situation. . .

Name:  B7 copy.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  3.28 MB

Instruction

Removing Stuck Material:
    1. Shake Degreaser-2.2 to gel prior to use in a repeated shake and rest technique.
    2. Transfer to the Eraser-4 on the sponge side and apply with agitation onto the leather finish.
    3. Foam brush extract suspended material off the surface.
    4. Spray Acidifier-2.0 and foam brush extract free of foreign material and leave to dry or speed dry with heat dryer.

Reduce Undulating Surface:
    1. Use iron on wool setting and iron over a waxed paper to reduce surfaces lumpiness.
    2. Use 2000-grit sandpaper helps to smooth rough edges if any.
    3. Rinse residue with Acidifier-2.0 and let dry.

Topcoat Refinishing
    Crosslinker-25 10% is added to the BicastTop-76G to control existing stickiness. This 10% works out to be about a quarter from the 30ml bottles to the 60ml topcoat and transferring them into another container and stir or swill it well. Once the topcoat is cross-linked, it is best to used within 8 hours, otherwise it gels.
    1. Apply by foam brush very lightly to avoid streaks with hair dryer speed drying.
    2. Correct steaks with fine 2000-grit sanding in between dry coats until satisfaction.

Rub-Resistant Protection
    1. Apply Protector-B+ to the leather and spread with either foam brush or paper towel.

Note:
    Please take picture through your steps for reference.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-18-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Thread Information