Thread: Chanel - Black Lambskin Jumbo Purse re-dye Help!!

Default Chanel - Black Lambskin Jumbo Purse re-dye Help!!

Hi, I used a strong leather conditioner on a part of my bag. As I was started to rub the conditioner on the bag the part I applied started to get dull and I noticed that the dye was coming off. Now that part looks faded and dull. What should I do? Should I buy AnilineDye21™ with its complimentary topcoat? What is your recommendation? Will it match with the other parts or should I have to do like full re-dye all over the bag? I attached the photo of the bag, the bottom part is dull side as it may not be visible by the photo. Waiting for your response Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Please show the bag full view to see the dull contrast.

strong leather conditioner

Please show what conditioner you used as there are various kind, the conditioner may have removed the topcoat and makes the dyestuff vulnerable. Certainly, they may have to be stripped entirely, and the gloss topcoat refinish with dyeing as an option.

What should I do? Should I buy AnilineDye21™ with its complimentary topcoat?

The topcoat is mandatory to restore the gloss, the dye may be optional depending how badly it is affected by the conditioner. The decision to redye is determine after the restoration cleaning.

What is your recommendation? Will it match with the other parts or should I have to do like full re-dye all over the bag?

It is simpler to do the complete bag.

The general instruction may be taken from the Sunfading as shown in this guide.

1.] Degreaser-2.2
    2.] Rinse-3.0
    3.] Hydrator-3.3
    4.] Fatliquor-5.0
    5.] Aniline-76 (optional as Hydrator-3.3 may activate the dormant dyestuff to resurface)
    6.] AnilineTop-21G / 79G

Aniline Leather Problem Solving Guide.

Leather-Safe Problem Solving Guide (A) – Aniline Leathers

Some of the products mentioned:

Leather Doctor® Kit A6.dr

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

I tried to photograph the difference but it does't show, it is more visible with naked eyes. The conditioner definitely took some of the dye when I applied conditioner. After I noticed the dullness I immediately started to clean it with white cloth and dye came on to that. My bag is pretty new, I don't have any other complains with the leather other than this. I think I will strip entirely, dye the bag and apply a topcoat. Will it look like the original after this treatment? What products do you recommend and how can I buy them? Thank so much...

Thanks for the new picture; the lower half color difference is apparent.

Will it look like the original after this treatment?

Yes!

What products do you recommend and how can I buy them?

Please email me for the products, will need your shipping address to prepare you a PayPal invoice.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thread Information