PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Blue Jeans Dye Stain from this Honda Heated Leather Seat?

Questions!
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi,
I have read that your product does wonders in removing dye transfer.
I have had this problem since I purchased my new vehicle last fall.
Within 7 days of pick up last fall both front seats were turning blue (I only wear jeans on the weekend).
The heated seats seem to aggravate this problem.
I had the dealership replace the leather and then used white towels for the remainder of the winter.
No problems all summer until now.
My son used the heated seat on the passenger seat and once again dye is transferring.
Please let me know the cost of the dye & ink stain removal system.
Please clarify: does the system also protect against future dye transfer?
I would prefer not to sit on white towels all winter.
I would need shipping to Ontario, Canada.

There seems to be little out there to deal with this problem.
Aside from your product there are a couple of UK companies, but they are not kits just individual products.
I prefer to buy in Canada if possible.
I will let you know how it goes.
If all goes well I will be sharing the name of this product with my Honda dealership as they and the entire company have no understanding of what to do.
My next vehicle will not be a Honda (not impressed with how they have dealt with this situation) and I will only buy cloth seats (sport weave) with black leather bolsters.
My husband has these and I am quite impressed.
I bought the leather because I have all leather couches in my home and have always liked them and now that my kids are older I thought it would be nice in the car.

I purchased the kit to remove dye stains back in November (I was the person where the post lost the kit) and am just getting around to cleaning the seat.
It is now warm enough to give it a try.
I have attached pictures and am hoping you have some advice.
The stains are from clothing dye transfer.
Thx Barb

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Leather%20Auto%20Interior/HondaDyeStainBarb-915.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Leather%20Auto%20Interior/HondaDyeStainBarb-916.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Leather%20Auto%20Interior/HondaDyeStainBarb-917.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/Leather%20Doctor%20products/KitAP3di-1.jpg
Leather DoctorŽ Auto Pigmented Leather - Bleach - Dye and Ink Stain - Kit AP3.di

Roger Koh
04-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Thank you for the confidence in the Leather Doctor’s system.

This is not a tough job and your excitement all the way to the Honda dealership with a shout of “Eureka” is almost assured, that you have found a simple solution to the problem.

Now, let’s understand how things work, before we commence the actual application. . .

These blue jeans dye stain are transfer by friction rubs and aggravated by heat as mentioned from experience.

We may not know if the topcoat that seals the colorcoat is partially removed.

The topcoat that seals the colorcoat also determines the overall leather finishes luster level of gloss, satin or the preferred matte.

After the stain is removed, there is an option to reseal the colorcoat for better wear from friction rubs with matching luster topcoat.

Thereafter, the Protection-B (odorless) or B+ (leather-scented) with its buttery-feel helps reduce friction-rubs and also impart a non-stick surface.

The instruction is recommended as follows:

1] Apply the Prep-7.7 with the help of the 3” foam brush to the entire panel; avoiding the seams as much as possible; and not to forgetting the stains are mostly on the tips of the grains.

2] Let it dwell for 30 minutes and towel blot the suspended stains.

3] Reapply evenly covering the tips of the grains concentrating on the stains area and leave it overnight.

4] Towel blot suspended stains and remove the sticky residue with Cleaner-3.8 > Rinse-3.0.

Note:
It is best to keep the surface not completely dry as the suspended stain may be reabsorbed by the leather finish again, if so reapply and blot after 1 to 4 hours time.

Inspection:

Let’s have some picture to inspect before we talk about the next consideration of using the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0.

Roger Koh
[email protected]