PDA

View Full Version : Stains in LV Alma Bag

01-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Roger,

I am attaching 2 photos of LV Bag with stains . Is this water marks or what ? Please help how to remove. Appreciate your prompt reply on this.

Thanks,
Apple

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/LV-BleedDyeStain1.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/LV-BleedDyeStain2.jpg

Roger Koh
01-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Picture #1
This picture shows possible water damage.

Picture #2
This picture shows similar damages with bleeding transfer possible for another fabric material.

The dye stain is removed by this sequence of cleaning: Prep-4.4 > Cleaner-3.8 > Rinse-3.0.

Leather structure rippling and stiffness is rectified with: Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0.

Rings if any, appearance is even out with d'Tannin-3.5.

Products used can be found in this kit…

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/V3BT.jpg
Leather Doctor® Kit V3.tg : Vachetta Leather Tanning Removal Kit

Roger Koh
[email protected]

01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi Roger !

Attached are photos after treating the LV bag based on your instructions. There are still some dyes left on the leather after treating with D'Tarnish. Please advise how to remove these stubborn dyes ?

Any help you can extend will be appreciated. Thanks..

Roger Koh
01-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Please tell us how detail you have done this "The dye stain is removed by this sequence of cleaning: Prep-4.4 > Cleaner-3.8 > Rinse-3.0."

d'Tarnish-1.3 is not recommended for this problem; only used for tarnish stains if any from the metal studs.

Roger Koh
[email protected]

01-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Opppss, sorry, it should read D'Tannin instead of D'Tarnish.

Attached photos are the outcome of the treatment after using D'tannin on the left-over rings..

Roger Koh
01-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Tell us exactly how you have work with Prep-4.4?

An option is send it to me to work on it.

I will show you the result!

What do you think?

Roger Koh
[email protected]

01-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi Roger,

Sorry for late reply. Was out-of-the country to spend CNY. Below is the treatment sequence I made in the bag :

1. Using Prep 4.4 solution and horsehair brush, apply the solution on the entire stain for 30 minutes.
2. Wash the stain with Cleaner 3.8 to remove stains
3. Final wash it with Rinse 3.0 until the towel shows clean.
4. If there are stain rings left, use D'Tannin solution

Please guide how to apply D'Tannin into the cleaned leather with left-over ring stains. I want to do this correctly. Any help you can extend will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Apple

Roger Koh
01-27-2012, 09:58 PM
1. Prep-4.4 in this situation is recommended to be continuous dwell up to 72 hours. It's pH 4.4, leather-safe and works by lubricating, penetrating and suspending the fugitive dye stains. As the stain is obviously penetrated it would need to have enough products for the stain to migrate to the surface, and if it is not blotted off the surface periodically while damp, it will be reabsorbed by the leather again. Advance technique is to lay a fine thin layer of facial tissue paper to be an extension of the leather surface to allow the product to wet through, without any air bubble in-between. This is again seal over with plastic cling wrapper to prevent evaporation. As the dyes stains is transfer to the tissue paper seen through the plastic cling wrapper, it is remove and new one lay and repeat the process until all the stains moves up and caught by the tissue paper. This process works when all things recommended is done accordingly.

2. Sticky residue after towel extraction and wiping is further removed by using Cleaner-3.8 follows by Rinse-3.0 – preferably to a squeaky clean.

3. This 72 hours dwelling can be repeated with Hydrator-3.3 to further redistribute the stains and wicking them to the surface in similar manner to be caught by the tissue paper with plastic see-through plastic wrapper for evaporation control.

4. d’Tannin-3.5 has nothing to do with this dye stain removal. It is to be used for reduced tannin darkening effect or browning rings.

5. Thereafter an even application of Fatliquor-5.0 is to ensure that the leather will not be stiff when dry that leads to cracks.

Show some pictures of every step, will help you see if you are doing right.