PDA

View Full Version : Aniline: Make them pay

pristine
01-30-2008, 06:49 PM
A Hotie Totie client from the notorious "Yellowstone Club" for Billionaires only has a special request. They aren't happy with the look of their new theatre seating. The leather looks "too perfect". In reference to the pigment. The piece is aniline dyed so the best option appears to be sanding. A sample is on it's way for approval. Of course the next question is $$$. How much to charge for this kind of special service. I am attaching a copy of the seating. There are 3 luv seats and 7 chairs. What do you think? By the way the price tag of this set is $30,000.00.

Roger Koh
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
It’s aesthetic that feast the eye!

It’s sensuous that captivate our senses!

It’s the silky feel that warms our touch and melts our heart!

It’s the unforgettable classic leather scent that intoxicates and charm!

It’s the relaxing softness that comforts our body, mind and soul!

When we strived and perfected the art of fine leather refinishing with a cheerful heart.

We shall ask a twenty percent of that “too perfect” $30,000.00 set for a start.

The question is have we will what the refinishing ought to be.

If you can smile with what you have accomplished with the sample I return, than $5995 isn’t asking for too much.

Basing on a $3500/- Zegna® jacket for $695 (20%) I’ve done just weeks ago, would be my advice.

What do you think, Big Sky Leather Expert?

Roger Koh

pristine
02-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Too bad, won't be feasting my eyes on those pieces...the fickle client has decided they don't look so bad after all. Oh well, plenty to do. There will be others.

Roger Koh
02-07-2008, 02:41 AM
Do your customer like your sample is more important to your future success.
What was their comment?
How about future maintenance services?