PDA

View Full Version : condtioning high quality versace lambskin blazer

MAZ
12-15-2023, 02:57 AM
Hi

recently i got a versace lambskin lather blazer (black colour). the jacket was already shining and has aglossy finished leather. Then i decided to apply an apple brand leather conditioner in order to protect it . but when i applied in small area , i noticed a blue material on the wipe and the leather became less glossy. then next day when it dried i noticed somehow the oil restored littile bit again ! should i continue applying the conditioner or shall i use something else? could any one tell me what is that blue colore? and what should i use. any help would be apprecated .

the productt hat i've used is free from wax, silicone, and other harmful chemicals and the same time i dont want to mess up a 5 grand leather blazer.

Thanks

Roger Koh
12-15-2023, 04:41 PM
>>> recently i got a versace lambskin lather blazer (black colour). the jacket was already shining and has aglossy finished leather.

Your description sounds like an "aniline-dyed" lambskin leather with a glossy finish.

>>> Then i decided to apply an apple brand leather conditioner in order to protect it.

There are two levels of conditioning, one for the structure thickness below the surface and one on top to protect it. It seems that you are looking for surface protection. The appropriate leather protector should be Leather Doctor Protector B or the leather scent version, Protector B Plus. This is a non-stick, rub-resistant protector that reduces wear and prolongs the highest level of appearance at all times. The other below-the-surface conditioner you may need periodically to soften and strengthen the leather is Leather Doctor Hydrator 3.3 and Fatliquor 5.0 system, which returns the leather to its original tannery softness.

>>> but when i applied in small area , i noticed a blue material on the wipe and the leather became less glossy.

The blue material on the wipe is a combination of dyestuff and original fatliquor that was removed due to alkaline overexposure from the product you used. You may not have noticed that the tanning agent was also removed, and the surface feels tacky when tested with a wet finger. Additionally, the gloss topcoat has been removed and will need to be refinished to restore the natural gloss with Aniline Top 21G.

>>> then next day when it dried i noticed somehow the oil restored littile bit again !

This is the negative darkening effect caused by the product clogging all the breathing pores. When leather darkens due to oil saturation, it loses its ability to allow air to pass through the skin, and your blazer loses its comfort, just like wearing a sweaty plastic blazer. To soften the leather, Hydrator 3.3 and Fatliquor 5.0 restore its softness and strength while allowing for comfortable breathing.

>>> should i continue applying the conditioner or shall i use something else?

The above products I mentioned are found in this Lambskin Leather Jacket Care Kit LJ3

Click the link to learn more . . .

https://leatherdoctor.com/lambskin-leather-jacket-care-kit-lj3/

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
web: www.leatherdoctor.com (http://www.leatherdoctor.com)
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com (http://www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com)
email: [email protected],
email: [email protected]
phone: 604 773 1878

MAZ
12-16-2023, 01:12 AM
>>> recently i got a versace lambskin lather blazer (black colour). the jacket was already shining and has aglossy finished leather.

Your description sounds like an "aniline-dyed" lambskin leather with a glossy finish.

>>> Then i decided to apply an apple brand leather conditioner in order to protect it.

There are two levels of conditioning, one for the structure thickness below the surface and one on top to protect it. It seems that you are looking for surface protection. The appropriate leather protector should be Leather Doctor Protector B or the leather scent version, Protector B Plus. This is a non-stick, rub-resistant protector that reduces wear and prolongs the highest level of appearance at all times. The other below-the-surface conditioner you may need periodically to soften and strengthen the leather is Leather Doctor Hydrator 3.3 and Fatliquor 5.0 system, which returns the leather to its original tannery softness.

>>> but when i applied in small area , i noticed a blue material on the wipe and the leather became less glossy.

The blue material on the wipe is a combination of dyestuff and original fatliquor that was removed due to alkaline overexposure from the product you used. You may not have noticed that the tanning agent was also removed, and the surface feels tacky when tested with a wet finger. Additionally, the gloss topcoat has been removed and will need to be refinished to restore the natural gloss with Aniline Top 21G.

>>> then next day when it dried i noticed somehow the oil restored littile bit again !

This is the negative darkening effect caused by the product clogging all the breathing pores. When leather darkens due to oil saturation, it loses its ability to allow air to pass through the skin, and your blazer loses its comfort, just like wearing a sweaty plastic blazer. To soften the leather, Hydrator 3.3 and Fatliquor 5.0 restore its softness and strength while allowing for comfortable breathing.

>>> should i continue applying the conditioner or shall i use something else?

The above products I mentioned are found in this Lambskin Leather Jacket Care Kit LJ3

Click the link to learn more . . .

https://leatherdoctor.com/lambskin-leather-jacket-care-kit-lj3/

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
web: www.leatherdoctor.com (http://www.leatherdoctor.com)
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com (http://www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com)
email: [email protected],
email: [email protected]
phone: 604 773 1878

Isn’t a leather conditioner supposed to protect , nourish and restore oil leather!!! Beside the product that I’ve used is free from silicon, wax and harmful chemicals!!!

Here is a link of the product that I’ve https://www.amazon.sa/Apple-Leather-Care-Conditioner-Bottle/dp/B00B6F88N4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?adgrpid=131637114840&hvadid=669829085690&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1028882&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=10360170493946607872&hvtargid=kwd-299602424522&hydadcr=5914_2389931&keywords=apple+leather+conditioner&qid=1702716917&sr=8-2

Man this last time I buy something in leather as it’s ver complicated to maintain and taking care for

Thanks for the help and the reply

Roger Koh
12-16-2023, 07:37 PM
>>> Isn’t a leather conditioner supposed to protect , nourish and restore oil leather!!! Beside the product that I’ve used is free from silicon, wax and harmful chemicals!!!

Leather is an amphoteric protein material and it is pH sensitive. Leather pH neutral is from 3 to 5. Any product that has a pH value above 7 will damage the leather. It is not silicon or wax, it is the pH value of the chemical that does the damage.

Most products warn against use on suede or nubuck, and this is a clear sign that the product is not meant to be absorbed into the leather.

Lambskin is mostly absorbent, so such highly alkaline products just shorten the useful life of the "lamb".

>>> Isn’t a leather conditioner supposed to protect , nourish and restore oil leather!!

Leather Protector is meant to stay on the surface of the leather. Conditioner that nourishes and restores the oil of the leather has to penetrate the leather structure and match the original fat and oil used in the tannery.

Most stuffing oil, in this case, replace the original ionic negative (-ve) charged oil that hydrogen bond with the leather protein leather.
This stuffing oil suffocates the leather by retarding its breathability.
The stuffing oil does soften the leather with a darkening effect but is not the ionic-charged oil used in the tannery.

How to identify ionic-charged oil?

An ionic-charged fat and oil when mixed with water will emulsify just like fresh milk without separation. Do a test on your product if it turns into a water emulsion.

Are Silicon and Wax are safe on leather?

Silicon and wax are safe on leather because they just stay on the surface. But if they are mismatched, it can become a nuisance that attracts unnecessary soil like a magnet.