PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding faux leather repair

a6r8n
11-07-2022, 09:50 PM
Hello everybody,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this repair. The padded arm of my office chair is showing some veining/cracking. My goal is to prevent it from getting worse. I’ve never done this type of repair, so any advice would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read and suggest.

Roger Koh
11-08-2022, 10:30 PM
>>> I'm hoping someone can help me with this repair. The padded arm of my office chair is showing some veining/cracking.

The sealing of these cracks is possible with a vinyl compound mixed with a black color pigment. It is then ironed over a non-stick heat-resistant silicone pad. You may find such vinyl repair kits if you search around.

>>> My goal is to prevent it from getting worse.

To prevent the present condition from getting worse, I recommend that the accumulated body oil, grease, and sweat be removed in a restorative cleaning process. Then a rub-resistance conditioner is applied to reduce friction rubs. It is this non-stick, buttery-feel conditioner that will reduce friction wears, and stress to the surface.

Let me know your options and we can discuss them in further detail.

Roger Koh
Leather Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected],
email: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +639467037976

a6r8n
11-10-2022, 02:43 PM
Thank you so much!

lisanclark
02-09-2023, 02:12 AM
No problem at all! It sounds like you need to repair the veining/cracking of your office chair’s padded arm. I recommend that you first use a clean cloth to wipe away any dirt and debris from the surface, then apply a vinyl adhesive or patching compound to fill in any cracks or gaps. Finally, let it dry and add some pressure with a heavy object (like a book) to make sure it holds up properly. I hope this helps you out and good luck with the repair!

a6r8n
02-09-2023, 01:11 PM
Thank you for replying! I really appreciate it.:)

joe
05-17-2023, 09:20 PM
yeah we can also apply a leather conditioner on armset to help moisturize and prevent further cracking.