PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Shearling B3 Jacket

SheepskinB3
04-21-2021, 05:52 AM

Hi Roger

Which products do you suggest I need to restore this jacket?

I was going to go with the LeatherHydrator-3.3 and LeatherFatliquor-5.0 but should I also go for the LeatherProtector-W?

Wool feels soft but outside is dry in places.

If I order the 250ml fill products, would I have enough to restore the shearling jacket in the pictures and another suede jacket of similar condition?

Thank you for your assistance!

Roger Koh
04-22-2021, 09:17 AM
>>> Which products do you suggest I need to restore this jacket?

Both the Nappalan outside and the wool inside, Shearling Nappalan Care Kit-Sn4 recommended.
https://www.leatherdoctor.com/shearling-nappalan-care-kit-sn4/

>>> I was going to go with the LeatherHydrator-3.3 and LeatherFatliquor-5.0 but should I also go for the LeatherProtector-W?

Buttery-Feel with LeatherProtector-B matches Nappalan, while LeatherProtector-W imparts a waxy-feel matching suede.

>>> Wool feels soft but outside is dry in places.

CleanWool-5.5 > RinseWool-4.0 > Protector-S (silky-feel) recommended.

>>> If I order the 250ml fill products, would I have enough to restore the shearling jacket in the pictures and another suede jacket of similar condition?

Enough of products does not depend on surface areas, since it is the leather structure dryness that will suck up the first application. And as soon as distilled water evaporates, the one-sixth parts of the Fatliquor-5.0 deposit may not be enough to replenish the fat and oil that have evaporated from the original average of 14%. Thus subsequent Fatliquor-5.0 is repeated until it is observed that the leather becomes saturated. Any surface deposit is cleaned up with Hydrator-3.3 for a milky-free appearance.

Roger Koh
Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]