PDA

View Full Version : LV Monogram Delightful Need Product Recommendations Please

jbrody16
03-27-2021, 09:35 PM
I found this pre-loved GM Delightful. Can I please have some product recommendations for moisturizing and lightening the handle and the trim as well as overall cleaning. So far, I have only used distilled water on the canvas with a microfiber towel. If I looked up the bag info correctly.. the shoulder strap and trim are vachetta cowhide.

Roger Koh
03-29-2021, 01:22 PM
>>> Can I please have some product recommendations for moisturizing

Moisturizing is to replenish the original fatliquor (fat and oil about 14%) that dries up from evaporation and leaching out from alkaline liquid. To moisturize use Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

>>> Can I please have some product recommendations for lightening the handle and the trim

A general cleaning system followed by a moisturizing system is first done prior to lightening up the darkening appearance with Vachetta-2.8.
System includes: Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 for restorative cleaning and/or Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 for greasing darkening effect and while still damp have to continue with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system to control leather from cracking when dry (due to lack or fatliquor). The leather is left to dry and then Vavhetta-2.8 is applied to lighten up the leather as it dries.

>>> I have only used distilled water on the canvas with a microfiber towel.

The canvass is clean with Prep-4.4 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 and when dry protect with Protector-B+.

>>> the shoulder strap and trim are vachetta cowhide.

The Protector-D is for the Vachetta.

https://www.leatherdoctor.com/louis-vuitton-vachetta-leather-care-kit-v7-1/

Any further questions are welcome.

Roger Koh
Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
web: www.leatherdoctor.com
forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
email: [email protected]