PDA

View Full Version : Aniline (Sauvage) - leather sofa - chocolate stain!

NuvoClean
12-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I have a client who has a chocolate stain on their brown aniline sofa.

The chocolate apparently melted into the sofa and was unnoticed for a time...

I tried to clean it for them using Leather Master Strong Cleaner with no success, as you can see.

The customer does not want to remove it from their home.

Is there any product/process that I can purchase and try on-site?

Sorry, photos wouldn't load...

----

Here it goes with the pictures!

#1: Chocolate Stain 1 of 4
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/ChocolateStain1-4.jpg

#2: Chocolate Stain 2 of 4
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/ChocolateStain2-4.jpg[/IMG (http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/ChocolateStain2-4.jpg%5b/IMG)]

#3: Chocolate Stain 3 of 4
[IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/ChocolateStain3-4.jpg

#4: Chocolate Stain 4 of 4
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/ChocolateStain4-4.jpg

Roger Koh
12-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Treat the chocolate stain as a grease stain as shown in these pictures:

#1: Before
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/0212-1.jpg

#2: During
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/040-2.jpg

#3: After
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/066.jpg

Because aniline leathers like this jacket is so absorbent it requires longer time to dry thus on-location rectification pose a time-factor problem.

Or a few trips each time to inspect the result when dry.

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®

NuvoClean
12-13-2009, 10:48 PM
That's amazing.

What products were used to acheive these results?

The customer feels the sofa is too big to remove from the house safely.

I have no idea how it got in, it's a very tight fit.

Roger Koh
12-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Sorry, photos wouldn't load...

Email it to me [email protected] and I will upload for you!

Roger Koh

Roger Koh
12-14-2009, 12:23 PM
To remove the grease stains as shown in picture #2:
Use Degreaser2.2 as per product instruction and rinse with Rinse3.0 in a 2 steps process.

To achieve the appearance, reduce the creases and soften the leather with strength and suppleness as shown in picture #3:
Use Hydrator3.3 > Fatliquor5.0 > Topcoat Aniline79G > leather Scent’B.

I recommend that this is almost a restoration refinishing without the dyeing process to return the entire the sofa to a like new condition.
Of course primarily it is spot removal and extending the entire process to the rest of the sofa to achieve the “WOW” factor.

And here are the system products description and instructions:

Leather Degreaser2.2 – for Pigmented, Aniline and Nubuck leather types.
This is a pH 2.2 high viscosity aqueous formulated Leather Degreaser.
It’s for degreasing leather of penetrated oil and grease stains from skin and hair contact prior to refinishing.
It’s also used as a leather stain remover for:
Solvent based stains like permanent marker, paint and nail-polish.
Oil and grease based stains like wax, crayon, lipstick and ballpoint-ink.
Dye-transfer stains like blue jeans, ink prints and newsprints.
Inspection:
Assess the severity of the penetrated grease or oil problem by checking if it’s through the reverse side.
When oil or grease shows through, it is more effective to remove from the reverse suede side.
Several attempts may be necessary as each wicking process brings out the suspended soil particulates to the surface.
It’s to be extracted while damp and to be erased off when crispy dry.
Instruction:
1] Identify leather types and dry soil removal prior to application.
2] Shake well, apply and agitate with leather, nubuck or suede brush and or scrub with leather Eraser4.
3] Let dwell 5 to 30 minutes or before it dries for complete soil penetration, lubrication and suspension to occur.
4] Extract suspended soiling with dry washable paper rag.
5] Then remove remaining residue with Rinse3.0 to a squeaky clean.

Leather Rinse3.0 – for Pigmented, Aniline and Nubuck leather types.
This is a pH 3.0 aqueous leather-safe rinse to neutralize harmful alkaline and perspiration residues.
It’s for stabilizing and strengthening leather constituent pH chemistry integrity.
And cationizing (+ve) protein fiber below its isoelectric point to increase hydrogen bonding prior to anionic (-ve) Fatliquor5.0.
Instruction:
1] Spray and agitate with leather, nubuck or suede brush.
2] Extract suspended soiling with dry absorbent washable paper rag until it shows clean to a healthy squeak.
3] Impart a buttery, draggy, silky or waxy feel; non-stick protection with a classic leather scent - use leatherScent’B, D, S or W.
Optional:
1] Hydrate dried leathers - use Hydrator3.3.
2] Rejuvenate to soften and strengthen leather - use Fatliquor5.0.

Leather Hydrator3.3 - for Pigmented, Aniline, Nubuck, Hair-on and Woolskin leather types.
This is a pH 3.3 aqueous leather-safe hydrator.
It’s for hydrating dried, stiffed or shrunk leathers (to separates the crushed, stick together fibrils and relax them) prior to Fatliquor5.0.
And it’s also used for facilitating colloidal water movement within the leather structure capillary motion during the wicking process.
That will cause suspended soil particulates to be moved to the leather surface to be extracted with rag while damp and erase with leatherEraser4 when dry.
Instruction:
1] Spray soaks evenly into cleaned leather.
2] Accelerate saturation - work on the reverse side, micro cracks, needle holes or perforation.
3] Option for even saturation is to cover with absorbent tissue paper and wet thoroughly then seal it up.
4] Allow a minimum of 4 to 24 hours of dwelling until the leather is fully hydrated, relaxed, evenly wet out or stain dispersed.
5] Unwrap, extract and saturate with Fatliquor5.0 to rejuvenate for softness and strength while the leather is moist.

Leather Fatliquor5.0 - for Pigmented, Aniline, Nubuck, Hair-on and Woolskin leather types.
This is a pH 5.0 anionic charged micro emulsion fatliquor leather rejuvenator.
It’s for replenishing original fatliquor that diminishes thru sun-bleaching, ageing, heat and alkaline exposure or cleaning.
It penetrates and lubricates the leather fibers so that after drying they will be capable of sliding over one another smoothly.
Besides softening the leather with stretchability, compressibility and flexibility, fatliquor enhances its rip tensile strength greatly.
Thus relaxes coarse breaks, creases and wrinkles to provide drapes, suppleness and prevents cracking.
It helps to keep leather at its optimum physical performance and prevent premature ageing.
Instruction:
1] Shake well, spray and ensure even absorption into the leather.
2] Accelerate penetration - work through the reverse side, micro cracks, needle holes or perforations.
3] Drive-in surface excess to a squeaky feel - use rinse3.0.
4] Eliminate coarse breaks and creases - stretch it crosswise while damp.
5] Achieve extra softness - natural slow drying is preferred.
6] For desired softness - flex, stake or stretch it when dry.
7] To enhance sensuously with a buttery, draggy, silky or waxy non-stick protector - use leatherScent’B, D, S or W.

Topcoat Aniline79G – gloss, for standard Aniline leathers.
This is an aqueous fine particular size urethane resin emulsion topcoat.
It’s to protect aniline dyestuff with excellent toughness and flexibility.
Instruction:
1] Use as a standalone prep clean prior to application – use Prep4.4 > Cleaner3.8 > Rinse3.0.
2] Satin finish - mix matte with gloss.
3] Pad or fine spray without streaks or drips.
4] Buttery-feel, non-stick protection with a classic leather scent - use leatherScent’B.

Leather Scent’B - for Pigmented, Aniline and Oil Pull-up Nubuck leather types.
This is a non-film forming, non-stick protector that enhances a soft natural buttery-feel with a classic leather scent that charms.
It’s for imparting a non-stick breathable barrier essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling including the nasty ballpoint ink.
And for helping to release those tenacious dye-transfers stains especially on light colored leathers easily without resorting to unnecessary color refinishing.
Its natural buttery-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff and abrasion.
And it reduces friction squeaks that wear the finishes when leather rubs against leather during movement.
Or friction that wear the finishes caused by getting in and out of auto especially the driver’s seat.
Instruction:
1] Identify, inspect and dry soil removal prior to application.
2] Shake well, mist spray and spread evenly with a foam brush.
3] Or spray and wipe with absorbent towel for quick easy care.

Its practice that does makes perfect!

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®